Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer Swift 3 i5-8250U Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!!! 3 weaks i spent with fighting with this audio codec. Now it`s working!!!

I also have a SF314-54, ALC256, I got it to work with alc layout properties and AppleALC (I can share if you are interested) but the internal MIC is not working, can you please confirm that your internal MIC is working. I notice from many Linux sites that the internal MIC is not working with linux and ALC256. https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=279424&start=40

I also have a SF314-54, ALC256, I got it to work with alc layout properties and AppleALC (I can share if you are interested) but the internal MIC is not working, can you please confirm that your internal MIC is working. I notice from many Linux sites that the internal MIC is not working with linux and ALC256. https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=279424&start=40

I have SF315-52 with alc256 and I can confirm the internal mic is not working. I use a patched applehda with jackfix script for the headphones, and now I am using alc-layout-id plus applealc and mic does not work. The mic is not even recognize in the linux codec dump. I even use hdajackretask in ubuntu and mint and no mic was present. In my laptop the mic is next to the camera. I notice that only when I touch a small hole next to the camera in windows the mic register movement.
This is just a guess, but I'm beginning to think that the microphones array are part of the camera and not included in the alc256 codec in our laptops.

Looking in Windows it appears that microphone is used is not connected on the Realtek but on the Intel SST device 9D71.

upload_2018-12-21_9-23-39.png

I have SF315-52 with alc256 and I can confirm the internal mic is not working. I use a patched applehda with jackfix script for the headphones, and now I am using alc-layout-id plus applealc and mic does not work. The mic is not even recognize in the linux codec dump. I even use hdajackretask in ubuntu and mint and no mic was present. In my laptop the mic is next to the camera. I notice that only when I touch a small hole next to the camera in windows the mic register movement.
This is just a guess, but I'm beginning to think that the microphones array are part of the camera and not included in the alc256 codec in our laptops.

Could you upload it please ? I also have ALC256 and sound from headphones is lost after sleep.

This is my device properties for alc layout; I don't use headphones so the problem might exists with mine too.

upload_2018-12-21_15-42-39.png

Could you upload it please ? I also have ALC256 and sound from headphones is lost after sleep.

Keep in mind special SSDT and CodecCommander for ALC256.
Refer to CodecCommander repo on github.

@RehabMan , even with ssdt and codeccommander for ALC256 sound from combo jack is broken after sleep or at random times. And this happens with many laptops with alc256.
Until issue is fixed solution is alcplugfix.

sound from combo jack is broken after sleep or at random times.
Until issue is fixed solution is alcplugfix.

ALCPlugFix is the "fix".

Keep in mind special SSDT and CodecCommander for ALC256.
Refer to CodecCommander repo on github.

@RehabMan,
I was using one of the two ssdt-alc256 and now I tried the other one. none of them made any difference. I don't have any headphone issue, I resolved that with jackfix that use @RehabMan CodecCommander to fix headphones. So along with alcplugfix I think that is another solution. I noticed with alc-layout-id=28 I have two output (internal speaker and headphone port) and one input (internal microphone) and the internal mic bars are showing movement. I tried to record something with quicktime player but all I hear is noise. It shows movement when sounds comes through the headphone port source.

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed with alc-layout-id=28 I have two output (internal speaker and headphone port) and one input (internal microphone) and the internal mic bars are showing movement. I tried to record something with quicktime player but all I hear is noise. It shows movement when sounds comes through the headphone port source.

Sounds like a pathmap issue. Path maps are in the XML related to layout-id (Platforms). Refer to AppleALC source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back