Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer Swift 3 i5-8250U Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi along with fixing your audio have you fixed your battery life indicator for Mojave? if so could be plz and post your kext if you don't mind I've been waiting for someone to respond to the battery and audio issues. THanks
Hi, I honestly never had that issue. What I did was not install unnecessary kext. For example I did not install the 2 CPU friendly kexts. I did not install the usb power kext because I have not patched the kext for my laptop. Mine has the usb ports place differently. I don't really know if that matters but I suspect it could. Also mine is another version of the sf315 with an i7. So mine has a different board. I did not install acpi battery kext (dont remember exactly the name of that kext) because virtualsmc kext has a battery kext inside. There my be other kext I did no install and I am getting all day battery. However even though my audio is working very well I discovered my microphone is detected but it does not work. I even deleted applealc from clover because it was not helping me with audio or mic, if I find that way to enable the mic with applealc I install it again. That's my issue now and I am getting activation error in imessage. Could master @RehabMan help me get the mic working?

Attachments

• Moises83_codec_dump.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
well i added my efi etc in a few pages back my system is SF314-54 with Mojave everything is ok but the battery n audio which i feel should be fix i haven no clue how do so

Hi, I honestly never had that issue. What I did was not install unnecessary kext. For example I did not install the 2 CPU friendly kexts. I did not install the usb power kext because I have not patched the kext for my laptop. Mine has the usb ports place differently. I don't really know if that matters but I suspect it could. Also mine is another version of the sf315 with an i7. So mine has a different board. I did not install acpi battery kext (dont remember exactly the name of that kext) because virtualsmc kext has a battery kext inside. There my be other kext I did no install and I am getting all day battery. However even though my audio is working very well I discovered my microphone is detected but it does not work. I even deleted applealc from clover because it was not helping me with audio or mic, if I find that way to enable the mic with applealc I install it again. That's my issue now and I am getting activation error in imessage. Could master @RehabMan help me get the mic working?

Sir @RehabMan could you Please help me with the mic issues. Using AppleHDA Patcher method plus jack fix I got internal audio and headphones, but the mic does not work. I have a bluetooth headset with mic that works very well using ubuntu but in OsX only works as headphones. Windows has internal mic installed as: Microphone array (Intel Smart Sound Technology (Intel SST). Files are attached. Also maybe you can tell me what prevent me to be able to use iMessage, I already follow the iDiot guide and Im getting activation error.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.4 KB · Views: 248
  • Mint_codec_dump.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 147
  • Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    698.2 KB · Views: 487
Last edited:
Sir @RehabMan could you Please help me with the mic issues. Using AppleHDA Patcher method plus jack fix I got internal audio and headphones, but the mic does not work. I have a bluetooth headset with mic that works very well using ubuntu but in OsX only works as headphones. Windows has internal mic installed as: Microphone array (Intel Smart Sound Technology (Intel SST). Files are attached. Also maybe you can tell me what prevent me to be able to use iMessage, I already follow the iDiot guide and Im getting activation error.
Thanks in advance.
No ioreg in the attached debug zip. Please check your files carefully before upload.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, you should try with AppleALC.kext as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, you should try with AppleALC.kext as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

All my kexts are installed to EFI/Clover/Kext/Other. I have only patched AppleHDA installed to System/Library/Extention
I try really hard with AppleALC using layout 11, 13, 28 and 56 but wont load.
I'm uploading a new debug zip with Ioreg. Could you please take a look?

Attachments

• debug_1292.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 156
Last edited by a moderator:
I was wrong. I thought that all kexts were preferred to be install in the EFI partition. I moved all my kexts to the System Volume.

Last edited:
Sir @RehabMan,
I Just received my new Fosa BCM94352Z NGFF wireless wifi card and replaced the one in my laptop. now I have built in wifi, my problems with the bluetooth headset mic are gone. iMessage and FaceTime are working like a charm. The wifi card works in windows 10 and OsX :) :D. I installed the vanilla AppleHDA back to s/l/e all my kext are in l/e. Installed latest AppleALC to l/e to try the method you recommend and I am using layout id 13 but without my bluetooth headset I don't have audio.

Last edited:
Update. I tried alc-layout-id=99 layout-id=7 and it did not work. I then Tried alc-layout-id=11,13,28,56 and the AppleALC loaded well. internal Speaker and headphones are working. Internal mic is recognize but is not working the same as it was with patched AppleHDA. I suspect that headphones and internal mic are present due to JackFix script, but I am not sure. So that's how I got audio with AppleALC (success). Now I need the mic. Please help.
Attached a new Debug zip.

Attachments

• debug_11922.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back