Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer Swift 3 i5-8250U Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, here are my original dsdt, my audio codec dump and my info.plist.

Hi, have the same issue with the touchpad, the gesture work very well but the trackpad often jumps to the top right corner. I have Mojave 10.14.2 and I have apply all the DSDT patches, pls help me
Hi, I am using High Sierra because I wasn't able to get audio in Mojave 10.14.2. Does your laptop have alc256? Is your audio working fine?

Can you give your codec dump and original dsdt, i think you little bit modified it ang config.plist also
Hi, here are my original dsdt, my audio codec dump and my info.plist.

Attachments

• Moises83_codec_dump.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 110
  • DSDT.aml
    200.3 KB · Views: 108
  • DSDT.dsl
    1.5 MB · Views: 112
Hi, good news I got audio in Mojave. I was recommended in another website to install the same applehda I have in high Sierra s/l/e in Mojave and so I did, and now I have audio. The only thing I need to resolve now is the issue with the headphones that normally works only with syspref audio input tap open.

Hi, good news I got audio in Mojave. I was recommended in another website to install the same applehda I have in high Sierra s/l/e in Mojave and so I did, and now I have audio. The only thing I need to resolve now is the issue with the headphones that normally works only with syspref audio input tap open.
I have exactly the same codec as yours. Please give your appleHDA.

I have exactly the same codec as yours. Please give your appleHDA.
No problem, here you go. You will need to patched your DSDT to make it work. Also, I don't have any audio issues anymore with headphones. you need to install @RehabMan codec commander in efi clover or s/l/e and copy the hda-verb in /usr/bin. then jack fix script copy it also to /usr/bin play a video with your headphone and run the jack fix script. Inside the Realease zip you will find the codec commander, hda-verb and Jack fix script. Enjoy! credits to Rehabman and Mirone. And credit also to PavelIT for the Mojave and High Sierra installation guide on Acer Swift 3.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 118
  • Release.zip
    39.3 KB · Views: 117
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you!!! 3 weaks i spent with fighting with this audio codec. Now it`s working!!!

I have successfully installed macOS mojave 10.14.1 but trackpad is not working properly (it is recognized and all gestures are working but it randomly jumps top right corner.),i mean GPIO pinning is not happening despite the fact that i have applied a hotpatch for that (SSDT-I2CX),when i see the log it says GPIO is not pinned.
And one more thing what other patches i can apply to improve my build.Thanks!

Hi, do you have solved it? I'm in the same situation, I have tried everything but it still jumps to the right..

Hi along with fixing your audio have you fixed your battery life indicator for Mojave? if so could be plz and post your kext if you don't mind I've been waiting for someone to respond to the battery and audio issues. THanks

Hi, I finally got audio. (ALC256) I have had my DSDT patched for several days with @RehabMan patch for laptops and today I patched my AppleHDA using AppleHDA patcher v1.8 by @Mirone. I placed the patched AppleHDA kext in S/L/E and placed release version of lilu and AppleALC kext in Clover Efi/Clover/Kext/other and now I have Audio. I am using high Sierra. tomorrow I will try with Mojave

Note: I was trying really hard with AppleHDA patcher v1.9 using many kext combinations and other methods with no luck, until I found a post recommending v1.8 in another website. Also English is my second language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back