Contribute
Register

[GUIDE 4530s] Lion --> Mountain Lion Upgrade Method - WiFi, Bluetooth, more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@up
Detect monitor and then try to sleep laptop. It worked for me in Lion.

I installed the kext now my external monitor is detected, but nothing shows on it =[

You are in MBP 8,1 SMBIOS, right. You have to close the Lid once for 3-5 sec, that should help.

Everything works great thank you for this guide!

I just have one problem: I can't log into icloud and MAS. Is there something I can do or should I reinstall?

edit: got it working by deleting all network interface in system pref, then removing network interfaces.plist in library/preferences/systemconfiguration, reboot and adding the network interface again.

Add to org.chameleon.Boot.plist in /Extra/ lines

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

anywere before
</dict>
</plist>

Sorry to hijack your thread here but booting in -f mode will make your trackpad work but your sd carder will not and not to mention the graphic glitches is so bad it leave your screen unless. The graphic fix will not work. And -v flag, who would want to see texts scrolling up the screen for 5 minutes.
Since you use the probook installer that replaces ML AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, You will need this along with the patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Give this a go, no boot flag needed.

Get the kexts from this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/61504-hp-probook-4530s-mountain-lion-process.html .

1. Get the patch patch-ahci that aschewe posted on page 1 post #3. This will be needed to get SD card reader working without hanging on waiting for root device.
2. Get the two kexts that Gerard71 posted on page 3 post #24.
3. Chimera 1.11.0

post install.
1. Run ProBook installer 4 and choose the following:
- OSX version 10.7.4
- Ethernet
- Bluetooth
- DSDT and SSDT for the bios and cpu for your HP
- System definition 8,2
- Any tool you want. Kext wizard recommended to install kexts and rebuild cache
- DO NOT REBOOT.
3. Run Chimera 1.11.0
4. Use kext wizard to install the two kexts Gerard71 posted.
5. Double click the patch-achi that aschewe posted.
6. Use kext wizard to fix disk permission and rebuild cache
7. Done. Reboot. No flag needed and everything work as with Lion.

Thanks for the hard work guys, just ran into some trouble. After successfully installing Mountain Lion over top of my functional Lion install when I try to reboot it tells me to restart. Boot flags (-v -f) reveal that the system breaks when loading AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.. anyone know how to fix this?

Yes I seen this before during my first attempt of ML, you seem to be missing a few kexts. Which install or whose install procedure did you use? Instead of walking you thru single use mode or terminal command, the easiest way to get it back up to desktop is to rerun unibeast and reinstall ML on top of your previous install. When booting up your unibeast drive, boot with -f and go thru the install again. DO not format your drive just install on top of it. Once you back on desktop, follow post #8 in this thread.

I used moparrebellion's method from this thread. I got so frustrated I ended up reinstalling Lion last night. I'm going to check out the video that has been posted. Maybe that will help... Thanks!

I could really use some help guys :)

#UPDATE: Problem one is fixed!
I'm a newcomer and rely on fine tutorials such as this one to get my 4530s upgraded to ML.
I followed @moparrebellion's updated how-to and unfortunately I can't go into the system without a -x flag.
In verbose mode the kernel panic hits when the system tries to load AppleSmartBatteryManager.
Any ideas?

Also, Chimera doesn't work. Whenever I boot up without the thumb drive, the Windows partition takes over.
Any ideas on how to fix that as well?

Thanks for taking the time to help me :)

Am I better off doing a fresh install like done with Lion, or just over lay ML on the hard drive as is???

Am I better off doing a fresh install like done with Lion, or just over lay ML on the hard drive as is???

I'd say if you're happy with your current setup and performance, go for an upgrade (I just did mine and everything was as I left it - down to the opened tabs in Safari :) )
If things go terribly wrong, there's always the option of the clean install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back