Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] 4530s Display Upgrade to 1080p (Update: 2012-06-30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I would appreciate a visual guide to changing the video cable.

I´m sorry, but I can´t provide that anymore. I sold my Probook last year and as far as I remember, I didn´t take photos of the procedure. Maybe someone can provide them?

Maybe when you do your upgrade, you'll use your videographic skills to provide such a video?

Maybe when you do your upgrade, you'll use your videographic skills to provide such a video?

I'm going to try. Making desk space for the procedure as we speak.

I still haven't been able to fin out if I have to open the lower body to plug the new cable in.

If any one has replaced their old cable with the 646274-001, I would at least like some more advice before I go in.

I'm going to try. Making desk space for the procedure as we speak.

I still haven't been able to fin out if I have to open the lower body to plug the new cable in.

Follow the instructions in the service manual, using the steps in post #1 as guide-posts.

Hello guys, first of all.. you are crazy for things you do and second you are the best.
I've got little trouble for install mavericks with new upgraded screen. I've got a probook 4530s with an i5. I've upgraded using exatc panel au optronics you suggested and cable from hp parts. Everything goes very well on Windows but i cannot boot with a right resolution into unibeast flash drive for setup. I Always get a screen corrupted. Can you help me?
It's the same if i boot with -x or GraphicsEnabler=No. Bios is F20 and is good because till Yesterday i used mavericks 10.9.1 with no kind of problem (using DSDT patched with probook installer). Should i add a DSDT to unibeast too? Thank you Francesco

Hello guys, first of all.. you are crazy for things you do and second you are the best.
I've got little trouble for install mavericks with new upgraded screen. I've got a probook 4530s with an i5. I've upgraded using exatc panel au optronics you suggested and cable from hp parts. Everything goes very well on Windows but i cannot boot with a right resolution into unibeast flash drive for setup. I Always get a screen corrupted. Can you help me?
It's the same if i boot with -x or GraphicsEnabler=No. Bios is F20 and is good because till Yesterday i used mavericks 10.9.1 with no kind of problem (using DSDT patched with probook installer). Should i add a DSDT to unibeast too? Thank you Francesco

Place the Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml on the Unibeast USB at /Extra/ssdt.aml.

https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/raw/master/Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml

After that re-patch your DSDT using the latest ProBook Installer (you may want to do a BIOS upgrade prior).

Thank you RehabMan. I've downloaded, renamed it to ssdt.aml, put in extra folder of unibeast then do i need just to boot without any kernel flags? If put -v DSDT=/Extra/ssdt.aml i get KP.

Thank you RehabMan. I've downloaded, renamed it to ssdt.aml, put in extra folder of unibeast then do i need just to boot without any kernel flags? If put -v DSDT=/Extra/ssdt.aml i get KP.

It is an SSDT, not DSDT.

Boot as you would normally. No flags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back