Graphics
GTX 660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I built a midrange gaming pc, and I run windows 8 on my primary drive, however I have always wanted to build a hackintosh but, by putting it in a secondary internal hdd to run certain editing applications that I like much better on the OSX platform. I am aware of the general process to making a hackintosh but, I would like to see if anybody can clarify a few confusions I have:

• I know I can use a pendrive to boot into mountain lion and have to reformat my hdd for the installation however, I do not have a Gigabyte mobo so, I need a dsdt, how exactly do I install a dsdt? and what would it make work?
  • Since I don't want to get rid of my Windows 8 drive and would like easy access to it, how would I use a bootloader to work with OSs on different drives like my system does?

Thanks in advance,

Mobo:MSI Z77A-G45
CPU: i5 3570k
GPU: MSI GTX 660
RAM: 8GB CORSIAR VENGANCE1600mhz
DRIVES: Samsung 840 120gb (Windows drive), Seagate 500gb 7400rpm (intended hackintosh drive)

Hi Ninja,

The boot loader will give you the option on which drive to boot from at startup, having them clearly lab led as 'Windows" and 'OSX' (or similar) lets you make your choice.

With regards to the DSDT for you MSI motherboard, that is explained in most of the build s that have previously been done on this site. You will find the search facility at the top right of your screen invaluable for searching out information. It is good practice to use your mother board model number, or GPU model for seeking out information.

Here is a build description done before using your motherboard. Please note there are differences in Bios settings between non 'k' and 'k' model CPUs

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...si-z77a-g45-can-only-boot-safe-mode-help.html

Adrian B

First off thanks, im almost done but i encountered on issue, so I managed to get the installer to work and setup the dual boot the way I wanted, the problem is. I've searched everywhere and I can't seem to find a dsdt at all for my board, So I tried to go without it using multibeast 5.3 and I get a kernel panic on reboot. I tried to look around and found that the install of those drivers removes a crucial kext that does not allow it to install and some people had success by reinstalling it.. Any ideas?

First off thanks, im almost done but i encountered on issue, so I managed to get the installer to work and setup the dual boot the way I wanted, the problem is. I've searched everywhere and I can't seem to find a dsdt at all for my board, So I tried to go without it using multibeast 5.3 and I get a kernel panic on reboot. I tried to look around and found that the install of those drivers removes a crucial kext that does not allow it to install and some people had success by reinstalling it.. Any ideas?

Follow the link in my original comment, page two of the link has a discussion of a bios mod instead of DSDT, here is the link again, this time already at page 2, comment #11.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...an-only-boot-safe-mode-help-2.html#post602737

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back