Motherboard
ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS
CPU
Dual E5-2680 v1
Graphics
GTX660 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Back in 2014/15 I used to be able to run Mavericks with this gfx card no problems at all, but now i just keep getting DSMOS has arrived, I am assuming this is what is forcing my build to be able to log in with safe mode only to be able to use it. If i boot in as normal, the system becomes incredibly slow to the point where the screen(s) will turn white, then it kicks me out to the log on screen again and refuses to log back in again without a full system restart.

Has anybody got any Nvidia GTX 660 Ti settings i can try with Clover. I have tried FalseID, adding the Video ROM, usual boot args that work here but I still can't get it to not raise DSMOS issues. The card works perfectly fine with 10.8.5

Any help appreciated.

Martin

Back in 2014/15 I used to be able to run Mavericks with this gfx card no problems at all, but now i just keep getting DSMOS has arrived, I am assuming this is what is forcing my build to be able to log in with safe mode only to be able to use it. If i boot in as normal, the system becomes incredibly slow to the point where the screen(s) will turn white, then it kicks me out to the log on screen again and refuses to log back in again without a full system restart.

Has anybody got any Nvidia GTX 660 Ti settings i can try with Clover. I have tried FalseID, adding the Video ROM, usual boot args that work here but I still can't get it to not raise DSMOS issues. The card works perfectly fine with 10.8.5

Any help appreciated.

Martin

You don't need no FakeID for the GTX660. It works native just like the 760 etc. Make sure that your not injecting. Inject nvidia should be set to false.

You don't need no FakeID for the GTX660. It works native just like the 760 etc. Make sure that your not injecting. Inject nvidia should be set to false.

Yes, JBamford it used to work without any issues out of the box, which is why i chose the card. Tried it with both inject nvidia True/False but same DSMOS result - I even tried flashing the gfx firmware with EVGA version just to see if it changed things with no joy.

Martin

Yes, JBamford it used to work without any issues out of the box, which is why i chose the card. Tried it with both inject nvidia True/False but same DSMOS result - I even tried flashing the gfx firmware with EVGA version just to see if it changed things with no joy.

Martin

Be sure that you haven't installed CsmVideoDxe-64 when you installed Clover.

Be sure that you haven't installed CsmVideoDxe-64 when you installed Clover.

Oh I never enable that, the warning of KP's being associated is enough for me to avoid that one. I am still pretty much a novice with Clover, but I can happily share the minimal plist i have if you need to see it ?

Martin

Oh I never enable that, the warning of KP's being associated is enough for me to avoid that one. I am still pretty much a novice with Clover, but I can happily share the minimal plist i have if you need to see it ?

Martin

Attach Config.plist.

Attachments

• config.copy.plist
    3 KB · Views: 239
As requested, i have removed the SMBios and RTV's otherwise everything else is 'as is'

Martin

Try this. You had 2 ports in Config.plist which you don't need. If you've still got the problem. (ZIP EFI) Remove Themes Folder and attach below.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3 KB · Views: 156
Try this. You had 2 ports in Config.plist which you don't need. If you've still got the problem. (ZIP EFI) Remove Themes Folder and attach below.

I shall give it a spot the difference thing in a bit and see if it plays :) Many thanks .... I just reinstalled ML again, so will be back in a few minutes.

Martin

Still been going nuts here, I now know the true meaning of insanity :crazy:

Before we get well and truly embroiled into hunting down the problem, am i being too unrealistic expecting the USB installer not generate a DSMOS?

USB Boot EFI and DPCI BIOS Dump attached (DPCI extracted from this computer running 10.8.5)

Martin

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 88
  • Martin’s Mac Pro.acpi.zip
    15.5 KB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back