Contribute
Register

GTX660 Ti DSMOS woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly remove Mavericks from applications then re-download it.

Going to go legacy mode with the ATI R9 and see if that wants to play any better, can always switch to clover when it's done …. Probably won't be back for an hour or two - lol

Thanks for the help JB

Martin

Going to go legacy mode with the ATI R9 and see if that wants to play any better, can always switch to clover when it's done …. Probably won't be back for an hour or two - lol

Thanks for the help JB

Martin
Have you tried nVidia web drivers for OS X version you are running and nvda_drv=1 in boot-args?

I had the 660 which I bought off a eBay auction and it doesn't require nvidia web drivers. But then again the one I had was a 660 non ti maybe the ti version is different.

Have you tried nVidia web drivers for OS X version you are running and nvda_drv=1 in boot-args?

The latest version of Clover injects nvda_drv=1 automatically which makes it a pain in the backside when installing ML because 10.8.5 supports the 660ti with no assistance from the web drivers. If I use the web drivers in ML, my computer resets and then comes back in using the default drivers provided.

I think the new security updates are just screwing me over. As i said at the start of this thread, two years back i was running this box on 10.9.5 with no issues, Yosemite and El-Capitan would only ever run in safe mode, but now neither of those two will install at all, i am not too worried about loosing them because none of my software need them as a requirement.

Martin

Can't even get to the Mavericks install screen with the R9 285 so it's back to nvidia for me … The fight continues :thumbup:

Martin

Yayyyyy! Mavericks in legacy mode, still get DSMOS but at least i can now log in without safe mode :headbang:
Thanks for the help fellas, turned out i needed the RTC patch after all.

Now to convert the boot loader to Clover and EFI .... Never done that before so need to read :roll2:

still get DSMOS

Red herring.

Waiting for DSMOS and DSMOS has arrived both come from the Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext and if you didn't have it then OS X wouldn't boot.

Red herring.

Waiting for DSMOS and DSMOS has arrived both come from the Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext and if you didn't have it then OS X wouldn't boot.

Not sure. It was working fine until applied the latest security updates and now it's dead again. I am getting a KP with no kext associated with it. A few lines back though and it does say that the Hardware Sensors can't find my GPU Sensors, so i am wondering if this is my problem for the failure to boot now.

Do you know how to stop Clover from injecting nvda_drv=1 into the boot arguments … I am looking for a fix, but you might be quicker then me searching for the answer? :banghead:

Martin

Fixed the Clover issue - Add nv_disable to the boot args and then use clover options to set nvda_drv=0 and nv_disable=0.

This gets me back into Mavericks, but now everything is slow motion again … 15 seconds from typing password to the first char arriving visibly in the password box - lol :crazy:

Martin

Red herring.

Yes it was a red herring. Needed some Clover patches for the kernel and devices needed to have forced HPET

Sorted now ... Thanks guys :clap:

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back