Contribute
Register

GTX660 Ti DSMOS woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still been going nuts here, I now know the true meaning of insanity :crazy:

Before we get well and truly embroiled into hunting down the problem, am i being too unrealistic expecting the USB installer not generate a DSMOS?

USB Boot EFI and DPCI BIOS Dump attached (DPCI extracted from this computer running 10.8.5)

Martin

Your problem isn't Graphics related. Your problem is no FakeSMC in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.8. Download Fake SMC from Kexts and put FakeSMC.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.8

Your problem isn't Graphics related. Your problem is no FakeSMC in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.8. Download Fake SMC from Kexts and put FakeSMC.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.8

I have that in the 10.9 kexts folder, does it need to be in 8 too ?

** Edit **

Hmmm, here's a thought, do i need to use Kexts from one version lower, after all 10.9.x is not really installed until after the Installer has done its job … kinda makes sense if that's the case

Martin

I have that in the 10.9 kexts folder, does it need to be in 8 too ?

** Edit **

Hmmm, here's a thought, do i need to use Kexts from one version lower, after all 10.9.x is not really installed until after the Installer has done its job … kinda makes sense if that's the case

Martin

Which version of OS X are you installing? i thought you said 10.8 Mountain Lion?

Which version of OS X are you installing? i thought you said 10.8 Mountain Lion?

I have 10.8.5 installed at the moment with no issues, i need to get to at least 10.9.5, it's the Mavericks USB installer that shows DSMOS errors, i am assuming it's that which is preventing me from being able to log into Mavericks normally, i can only get safe mode login, then i can't get to the EFI partitions to edit things, can't put web drivers on etc etc

Martin

I have 10.8.5 installed at the moment with no issues, i need to get to at least 10.9.5, it's the Mavericks USB installer that shows DSMOS errors, i am assuming it's that which is preventing me from being able to log into Mavericks normally, i can only get safe mode login, then i can't get to the EFI partitions to edit things, can't put web drivers on etc etc

Martin

Thing to try is download latest version of FakeSMC.kext & NullCPUPowermanagement from Kexts put them in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9 also put them in other folder. Remove DSDT and SSDT also un-tick Generate P & C states in Config.plist and see if that helps.

Thing to try is download latest version of FakeSMC.kext & NullCPUPowermanagement from Kexts put them in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9 also put them in other folder. Remove DSDT and SSDT also un-tick Generate P & C states in Config.plist and see if that helps.

Thanks for staying with me and helping out like this, it's really appreciated.

NullPowerManagement = AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement timeout errors
So removed NPM = SMCInitHelper having a moment, so fixed that with AppleSMC.kext
AppleSMC.kext then generates _cst and P-state errors, so going to put those back to true in config.plist then trying again …. Back in a few mins

Martin

** Edit **

Activating them in the config made no difference, putting back the DSDT and SSDT removes that problem, but still back to DSMOS kicking in at the graphics and bluetooth detection phase, but i have no idea what's causing it - lol

Martin

Thanks for staying with me and helping out like this, it's really appreciated.

NullPowerManagement = AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement timeout errors
So removed NPM = SMCInitHelper having a moment, so fixed that with AppleSMC.kext
AppleSMC.kext then generates _cst and P-state errors, so going to put those back to true in config.plist then trying again …. Back in a few mins

Martin

** Edit **

Activating them in the config made no difference, putting back the DSDT and SSDT removes that problem, but still back to DSMOS kicking in at the graphics and bluetooth detection phase, but i have no idea what's causing it - lol

Martin

Re-download Mavericks from the App Store and use Unibeast to create the pen drive see what happens then. Stay away from VGA adaptors if your using one also make sure that your not using a VGA port on the GPU. Stick with DVI or HDMI.

Re-download Mavericks from the App Store and use Unibeast to create the pen drive see what happens then. Stay away from VGA adaptors if your using one also make sure that your not using a VGA port on the GPU. Stick with DVI or HDMI.

App store says no to letting me have another Mavericks download :banghead:

VGA was removed once i had Snow Leopard upgraded to Mountain Lion, then created new ML installer and flattened SL so no traces of vga left, and the 660ti only has Display Port or HDMI connectors so no fear there.

I have an R9 285 dual x oc card here too …. wonder if it's worth back tracking with that and starting again. The Nvidia is getting old and just refused to run the nvidia web drivers here. So that's got me thinking that it might be faulty somewhere grrrrr ….. ~Insanity creeping in again~

Martin

App store says no to letting me have another Mavericks download :banghead:

VGA was removed once i had Snow Leopard upgraded to Mountain Lion, then created new ML installer and flattened SL so no traces of vga left, and the 660ti only has Display Port or HDMI connectors so no fear there.

I have an R9 285 dual x oc card here too …. wonder if it's worth back tracking with that and starting again. The Nvidia is getting old and just refused to run the nvidia web drivers here. So that's got me thinking that it might be faulty somewhere grrrrr ….. ~Insanity creeping in again~

Martin

Possibly remove Mavericks from applications then re-download it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back