Contribute
Register

GTX 980Ti Black Screen Sierra 10.12.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys!
So, I solved my gtx 970 black screen problem (in imac14,2 smbios) adding a NvidiaWeb lines in config.plist of clover, under "System Parameters" section

<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

and use the
Best regards

Hi Guys!
So, I solved my gtx 970 black screen problem (in imac14,2 smbios) adding a NvidiaWeb lines in config.plist of clover, under "System Parameters" section

<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

and use the
Best regards

Hey Zangadao, how did you disable security in Sierra to run the AGDPfix.app?

Do you have multi monitor on your setup? If yes, try to unplug the one with DisplayPort and see if you still have black screen issue. I just freshly update to 10.12.3 and having a 980ti like you in my system, so I think we have similar situation.

I've read through some articles and come up with this conclusion, either 10.12 has some problem with multi monitor especially on DisplayPort or NV's WebDrivers have issue on 10.12.

Anyway, my current workaround is to switch my main monitor to receive signal from HDMI during boot up, after seeing other monitors turn on then switch back to DisplayPort. If you don't have that feature on your monitor, just simply unplug then re-plug, it will do the job too.

I'm still using 17,1 SMBIOS since I don't find any difference by switching to 14,2.

Last edited:
I experience similar result what shasen1235 described.
This only happens occasionally for a few time on my re-installation, even on the same hardware that I tried.
I was not getting DP display working, cuz after the boot sequence, the monitor went black.
Didn't matter what SMBIOS or bootflag I chose, not entirely sure how to clear nvram tho.
My way is just always boot with HDMI, one or many, all working.
Hotplug for other connection also works but just can't boot with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back