Graphics
GTX 980 Ti - MSI Gaming 6G
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi folks, I'm having trouble with my new build. Basically, after selecting the "Boot Mac OS X from Sierra" in Clover, I get a black screen and nothing happens.
I made a fresh install with Clover (Legacy Mode) and used Multibeast quick installation (Legacy Mode). SMBIOS: iMac14,2.
I also selected the Intel 530 graphics drivers (maybe this was wrong?). Then I installed the latest NVIDIA Web drivers and rebooted. Could not get a picture after that. Here's the default graphics injector view and I tried some combinations, but am pretty clueless...
0XnrozT.jpg

Any advice? Thanks a lot for your time!

My build:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU: Intel Core i5 4570 3,2GHz LGA1150
Graphics: GTX 980 Ti - MSI Gaming 6G

Hi folks, I'm having trouble with my new build. Basically, after selecting the "Boot Mac OS X from Sierra" in Clover, I get a black screen and nothing happens.
I made a fresh install with Clover (Legacy Mode) and used Multibeast quick installation (Legacy Mode). SMBIOS: iMac14,2.
I also selected the Intel 530 graphics drivers (maybe this was wrong?). Then I installed the latest NVIDIA Web drivers and rebooted. Could not get a picture after that. Here's the default graphics injector view and I tried some combinations, but am pretty clueless...
0XnrozT.jpg

Any advice? Thanks a lot for your time!

My build:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU: Intel Core i5 4570 3,2GHz LGA1150
Graphics: GTX 980 Ti - MSI Gaming 6G

Try disabling onboard IGPU in the BIOS and remove inject intel/True from config.

Try disabling onboard IGPU in the BIOS and remove inject intel/True from config.

Thank you for your suggestion, VioletDragon. Did not work, unfortunately. It now shows Number of Videocards =1 and the inject Intel line is not there anymore, as correctly disabled in the BIOS. Tried NVIDIA web drivers and also inject NVIDIA. Still a Black screen... Any more ideas?

Thank you for your suggestion, VioletDragon. Did not work, unfortunately. It now shows Number of Videocards =1 and the inject Intel line is not there anymore, as correctly disabled in the BIOS. Tried NVIDIA web drivers and also inject NVIDIA. Still a Black screen... Any more ideas?

Do you have EmuVaribles installed in Drivers64UEFI?

Zip and attach your efi folder that contains your clover install.

Similar problems. After running the driver installer for Nvidia 900 series cards on my 10.12.2, I just get a black screen after boot. Bizarrely -- imessages still appear on black screen. Editing the clover config file does not seem to make any difference, I can't get the Nvidia drivers to not load. They are loading and screwing up the system. I can't get any video out of my card, and the motherboard onboard video goes to black aftet the OS loads. Can the nvidia drivers be "manually" removed?

Similar problems. After running the driver installer for Nvidia 900 series cards on my 10.12.2, I just get a black screen after boot. Bizarrely -- imessages still appear on black screen. Editing the clover config file does not seem to make any difference, I can't get the Nvidia drivers to not load. They are loading and screwing up the system. I can't get any video out of my card, and the motherboard onboard video goes to black aftet the OS loads. Can the nvidia drivers be "manually" removed?

Sure they can but they are required for your card.

Sure they can but they are required for your card.

Ok, I believe you but -- but not very helpful. What would help: What is the correct solution to avoid a black screen at boot after installing Nvidia drivers? I see various posts on this on Tonymac but no one is clearly explaining why it happens with 10.12.2 + certain nvidia cards, nor what is the correct solution. Seems people get things to work (maybe) by trial and error.

Ok, I believe you but -- but not very helpful. What would help: What is the correct solution to avoid a black screen at boot after installing Nvidia drivers? I see various posts on this on Tonymac but no one is clearly explaining why it happens with 10.12.2 + certain nvidia cards, nor what is the correct solution. Seems people get things to work (maybe) by trial and error.

Personally I have not had any black screen issues with my GTX 970. It can be tough to diagnose though because people often try so many things from all over the internet to get things working that they create conflicts. For example, when trying to get DRM protected videos to playback in iTunes many people were using an extension called iMac.kext. The problem is that it was over riding the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext and causing a black screen. So no matter what Clover patch or AGDPfix you used you always got a black screen.

Now on to your situation. The best thing I can tell you is to try and keep the install as vanilla as possible. The only thing needed to get a 900 series card working is the Nvidia web drivers. Make sure you are running as iMac 14,2 and you are using a digital connection to your monitor. That is all that is needed. Beyond that there are certain situations with non standard vbios that have issues like the Asus 750/750ti where HDMI doesn't work without flashing a new rom.

Personally I have not had any black screen issues with my GTX 970. It can be tough to diagnose though because people often try so many things from all over the internet to get things working that they create conflicts. For example, when trying to get DRM protected videos to playback in iTunes many people were using an extension called iMac.kext. The problem is that it was over riding the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext and causing a black screen. So no matter what Clover patch or AGDPfix you used you always got a black screen.

Now on to your situation. The best thing I can tell you is to try and keep the install as vanilla as possible. The only thing needed to get a 900 series card working is the Nvidia web drivers. Make sure you are running as iMac 14,2 and you are using a digital connection to your monitor. That is all that is needed. Beyond that there are certain situations with non standard vbios that have issues like the Asus 750/750ti where HDMI doesn't work without flashing a new rom.

Thanks, that is a helpful idea: "The problem is that it was over riding the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext and causing a black screen."

I may try a lesser Nvidia card, maybe a 700-series card. If that doesn't work I will try an older Radeon card to get this going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back