Contribute
Register

GTX 970 Used to Work, not anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had already done that before rebuilding the cache.

Uninstall the web driver. Reboot with nv_disable=1 and REDOWNLOAD the driver and reinstall. Reboot.
Already tried that. Maybe uninstalling it and upgrading to El Capitan? Try a different driver?
I'm having a look at it today. Will check out verbose mode for clues.

I booted in safe mode. It seems to be detecting the graphics card and all.
IMG_20160215_181445[1].jpg
Here is my chameleon bootlist.
IMG_20160215_182118[1].jpg

Tried switching out the gtx 970 for my HD radeon 7870 and I got this at boot. The first line says GPT.
IMG_20160215_202418[1].jpg

What is my best option? I was considering switching to Clover. Can I upgrade to El Capitan easily with Chameleon? If I stay in Yosemite 10.10.5 and switch to Clover, is there a big chance it will support the card? Tomorrow I will try using the display port instead, maybe its not liking the HDMI cable.

View attachment 177137
View attachment 177136

Tried switching out the gtx 970 for my HD radeon 7870 and I got this at boot. The first line says GPT.
View attachment 177135

What is my best option? I was considering switching to Clover. Can I upgrade to El Capitan easily with Chameleon? If I stay in Yosemite 10.10.5 and switch to Clover, is there a big chance it will support the card? Tomorrow I will try using the display port instead, maybe its not liking the HDMI cable.

For the Radeon HD 7870 follow this guide :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/115818-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

Any suggestions on how to get the GTX 970 to run?
I plugged in my SSD with windows on it, installed the nvidia drivers and tested the card. Works fine.

On hackintosh however, I tried verbose mode but it passes it and starts loading the startup screen with the apple logo.

When it gets to about 30-40% the screen goes black and after a few seconds it turns grey.

What is going on here?

Any suggestions on how to get the GTX 970 to run?
I plugged in my SSD with windows on it, installed the nvidia drivers and tested the card. Works fine.

On hackintosh however, I tried verbose mode but it passes it and starts loading the startup screen with the apple logo.

When it gets to about 30-40% the screen goes black and after a few seconds it turns grey.

What is going on here?

View attachment 177137
View attachment 177136

If you are using a discrete card why do you have "IGPEnabler" "Yes" in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist ?

I have problem with gtx 970, too. I bought it recently and installed the nvidia driver and it worked fine with dual monitors. Now i'm trying to boot but i got stucked on the apple logo and the bar is loading too slow. When it finally reach at the end nothing happens. Any help please?

I have problem with gtx 970, too. I bought it recently and installed the nvidia driver and it worked fine with dual monitors. Now i'm trying to boot but i got stucked on the apple logo and the bar is loading too slow. When it finally reach at the end nothing happens. Any help please?

Don't hijack this thread - Start your own.

Screenshot_20160216-171120.jpg
Here's a screenshot of the last line in verbose mode before it goes to a blank screen saying there is no input.

View attachment 177241
Here's a screenshot of the last line in verbose mode before it goes to a blank screen saying there is no input.

Ensure that VT-d is disabled in BIOS or boot with dart=0

Ensure that there is a digital connection to the monitor - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.

Check your build number then download and install the appropriate web drivers - Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back