Contribute
Register

GTX 970 / GTX 980 are here

Status
Not open for further replies.
See post #242 for what I was able to get. Not sure if it is OS X, the GPU or the Dell display, but couldn't get the full rated resolution of the 4k display and couldn't get anything but 30Hz either.

So you didn't get 4K @60Hz working? This is a huge deal for me since I have a Dell P2715Q and my current GPU 780 Ti is at repair. The store offered to repair the 780 Ti or give my money. I thought about buying GTX 980.

Now that I've read the comments on this thread, I'm a bit uncertain about GTX 980. Should I get the 980 or repair my 780 Ti?

Hope you can reply quickly because the store is processing the refund at the moment and I can cancel it to repair if I want.

Has anyone got GTX 980 working in full 4K resolution at full 60Hz?

So you didn't get 4K @60Hz working? This is a huge deal for me since I have a Dell P2715Q and my current GPU 780 Ti is at repair. The store offered to repair the 780 Ti or give my money. I thought about buying GTX 980.

Now that I've read the comments on this thread, I'm a bit uncertain about GTX 980. Should I get the 980 or repair my 780 Ti?

Hope you can reply quickly because the store is processing the refund at the moment and I can cancel it to repair if I want.

Has anyone got GTX 980 working in full 4K resolution at full 60Hz?

I would repair the 780Ti were I you.

I would repair the 780Ti were I you.

Ok. A guy on ****** replied me that his setup works. I really don't know which one to go with.

"Yes, I'm running 10.10.1 with a 980 and Asus PB287Q. 4k @ 60Hz works fine using the NVIDIA web driver. It actually doesn't give me any choice between 30/60Hz in the displays panel, but the System Information tool shows it is 60Hz.
edit:
Here is what System Information shows:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Type: GPU Bus: PCIe Slot: Slot-1 PCIe Lane Width: x16 VRAM (Total): 4095 MB Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de) Device ID: 0x13c0 Revision ID: 0x00a1 ROM Revision: VBIOS 84.04.31.00.83 Displays: DELL 2405FPW: Resolution: 1200 x 1920 @ 60 Hz Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888) Display Serial Number: M675458G11AS Mirror: Off Online: Yes Rotation: 90 ASUS PB287Q: Resolution: 3840 x 2160 @ 60 Hz Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888) Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yes Rotation: Supported Connection Type: DisplayPort Television: Yes
(previous edit didn't show 4k as I had scaling enabled...)"

Anyone else have slow boots with the GTX 970?

I think it has something to do with the GPU bc when I boot from the onboard graphics it boots up very quickly without changing anything else booting from the 970 takes 30 - 40 seconds longer. When I look at the console log after the boot, seems like it pauses around window server.

I use clover and have a gigabyte Q77M-D2H motherboard. Am on 10.10.3 and updated web drivers. Everything else works wonderfully.

Anyone else have slow boots with the GTX 970?

I think it has something to do with the GPU bc when I boot from the onboard graphics it boots up very quickly without changing anything else booting from the 970 takes 30 - 40 seconds longer. When I look at the console log after the boot, seems like it pauses around window server.

I use clover and have a gigabyte Q77M-D2H motherboard. Am on 10.10.3 and updated web drivers. Everything else works wonderfully.

Which monitor, connection type, 4K, 60Hz?

Perhaps you can help me. I had a stable Yosemite 10.10 build working on clover for months with no issues. Everything was perfect, Imessage, Facetime, everything was great! I recently sold my EVGA GTX 780 Video card and replaced it with a EVGA 980 GTX. All i did was take out the 780 and insert the new 980 GTX but now i cant get my hackingtosh to boot anymore, it loads till the point where the apple logo shows its loading with the while bar filling up and it just restarts. I dont have the GTX card anymore i wish i still had it so i can update to the latest 10.10.3 patch with the nvidia dirver cause i hadnt done that yet but now its too late cause i dont have the card and i cant get my hackingtosh to boot anymore. can anyone help me? i know it should work cause i can read on this thread you guys got your 980 to work. please help me

Perhaps you can help me. I had a stable Yosemite 10.10 build working on clover for months with no issues. Everything was perfect, Imessage, Facetime, everything was great! I recently sold my EVGA GTX 780 Video card and replaced it with a EVGA 980 GTX. All i did was take out the 780 and insert the new 980 GTX but now i cant get my hackingtosh to boot anymore, it loads till the point where the apple logo shows its loading with the while bar filling up and it just restarts. I dont have the GTX card anymore i wish i still had it so i can update to the latest 10.10.3 patch with the nvidia dirver cause i hadnt done that yet but now its too late cause i dont have the card and i cant get my hackingtosh to boot anymore. can anyone help me? i know it should work cause i can read on this thread you guys got your 980 to work. please help me
Boot with the flag nv_disable=1 and update the OS and/or install appropriate web driver from nvidia to match your OS version. Also, you must use system ID MacPro5,1 4,1 or 3,1. You will also need to wait for web drivers before future updates or you'll have to use nv_disable=1 until they are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back