Asus GTX 960 Mini OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello tonymacx86 forum!

I am new here and have struggled couple days trying to install and use such a ambitious build for a beginner. Almost everything is working great, but there is still problems.

Build:
-Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H
-CPU Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3, LGA1150, 3.4GHz, 8MB
-GPU Asus GTX 960 Mini OC, 2Gb GDDR5, PCI-E 3.0

Operating system:
I have dual boot system Yosemite and Windows 8.1. Fresh install. One disk with two partitions.

Bootloader:
I have Chimera as boot disk on usb and Clover boot loader installed to OS X disk.

Problems:
1. When I use Clover boot loader *About This Mac says that gpu don't have memory and also system monitoring tool says that gpu memory is full on normal desktop using. (I attached print screen)

Funny thing is that when I boot with Chimera everything is working fine both in About This Mac screen and with monitoring tool.

Do you have ideas how should I be able to fix this on Clover? I am using this computer for video editing. Gpu memory is needed for OpenCl rendering on Adope Premiere. I have installed latest web drivers from NVIDIA.

2. Gray volume button have bothering me. Sounds work but I can't use f10 and f11 to adjust voice. I think there are guides to fix this but I haven't found way to fix it. I would appreciate if you could link me one. I have tried to reset PRAM.

Thank you in advance! Lets hope that I didn't broke too much rules with this post.

Attachments

• Screen Shot.png
    Screen Shot.png
    842.8 KB · Views: 186
What boot flags are you using with Clover and what are they with Chimera?

Bootflags:
Clover: dart=0 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1
Chimera: No flags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back