EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all,

I used Clover to install OS X and it works great...when I don't have my 960 attached. When I attach the 960 and go to reboot, it appears as if OS X is loading, and then all of a sudden, it disappears. I've followed tonymacx86's guides with the web drivers and modifying the info.plist, and none of it has fixed anything. I've tried the boot arguments in the clover boot. I'm really at a loss at what to do except wipe my drive and try with the UniBeast method and hope for the best, but I would prefer not to do that.

If anybody has had a similar issue and was able to fix it, that would be a big help!

i7-4790K
Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB

Thanks a million.

This is my first hackintosh build, so forgive me for asking: where do I find config.plist once I've installed OS X?

I've tried adding that to the boot args.

This is my first hackintosh build, so forgive me for asking: where do I find config.plist once I've installed OS X?

The config.plist will be at EFI/Clover/. Where those folder are depends on how you installed clover. If you installed it to the EFI partition for a UEFI boot then you will need to use disk utility or clover configurator to mount it. What system profile did you use?

Make sure you are booting with nvda_drv=1 and make sure Inject/Nvidia is set to FALSE.

Make sure you have Inject/NVidia/False and in your boot arguments you have nvda_drv=1.

Made the Inject/NVidia/False and nvda_drv=1 changes to the config.plist file in the EFI partition, and I get the same issue. The screen goes blank about 1/3 of the way through the boot sequence.

Should I just reinstall? If I reinstall, should I leave the 960 in or take it out during the install?

Made the Inject/NVidia/False and nvda_drv=1 changes to the config.plist file in the EFI partition, and I get the same issue. The screen goes blank about 1/3 of the way through the boot sequence.

Should I just reinstall? If I reinstall, should I leave the 960 in or take it out during the install?

What system profile are you using?

Right, sorry, forgot to add that bit. iMac14,2.

It appears as though OS X boots, but it doesn't display anything and goes blank at about the 1/3rd mark of the progress bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back