Contribute
Register

GTX 780 crashes Premiere Pro CC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent, at least I understand now and it's a good workaround for the moment.

Thanks for all your help.

Do you think you or anyone can help?

Thanks again!

If you use resolve 10.1 there is now a preference (resolve preferences) that allows you to set whether the system uses CUDA or OCL. If it is set to auto it seems to use OCL most of the time (had this problem on a rMBP with nvidia graphics, Auto was selecting OCL and was not stable). Forcing it to CUDA will give you the best performance for nVidia.

g\

If you use resolve 10.1 there is now a preference (resolve preferences) that allows you to set whether the system uses CUDA or OCL. If it is set to auto it seems to use OCL most of the time (had this problem on a rMBP with nvidia graphics, Auto was selecting OCL and was not stable). Forcing it to CUDA will give you the best performance for nVidia.

g\

Excellent. Thanks Genzai, will definitely try that.

g\

Just tried the 10.1 version, unfortunately I get an OCL message problem for the card. Is it because of the Open CL patches or should I apply yet another patch? Still confused...o_O

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-31 at 11.09.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-31 at 11.09.48 AM.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 155
Hello. I have your same problem with my new hackintosh (z87x-d3h).
Premiere and after effects won't start. I have intel hd 4000

How I can fix this problem? Thanks

Ok! Finally got DaVinci Resolve 10.1 Lite to work with GTX-780... Thanks to all.

Took me a while to find out but just so people know, you have to download from the BMagic website ONLY. This way you'll be able to set GPU to CUDA in the Preferences.

AppStore or other download sites give you 10.1 Lite but DON'T have the option to choose the GPU Processing Mode in the Video I/O and GPU panel.

I have a GTX 780 rev.A
It will work with after effects AND Premiere Pro (cuda) on Mavericks 1.9.2 ?

With 760 i use cuda (generated with Xcode) and it works fastly in premiere pro cc cutting on half the rendering time
but pressing spacebar on the out file for a fast view mackintosh freeze ....
i retry after a reboot and the result is a slow play of the file .. probably a quicktime error
Xcode 5.1.1
Mavericks 10.9.3

Get CUDA how to there http://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/cuda-getting-started-guide-for-mac-os-x/index.html#mac-os-version
Get Cuda soft there http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/6_0/rel/installers/cuda_6.0.37_mac_64.pkg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back