Contribute
Register

GTX 780 Classified Compatible With OS X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Custom
CPU
i7-4770k
Graphics
GTX 780
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Tonymac, first post here! I am in the process of buying a GPU for my rig, and I am choosing between the EVGA 780 FTW, and EVGA 780 Classified. I want to go with the Classified because it's a higher binned and overall better overclockable card than the FTW, and it's the same price, but I just want to make sure that the Classified is compatible with hackintoshing. Anyone have some experience with this card?

Not that it will be needed, here are some specs of my rig:
MOBO: Gigabyte Z87 HD3
CPU: i7 4770k (no OC yet)
Storage: 256GB SSD and 250GB HDD (SSD for Win 8.1, will use HDD for OS X)
RAM: 8GB A-Data XPG V1.0 CL9 1600Mhz
Network: Rosewill N900PCE
PSU: EVGA NEX750B 750W 80+ Bronze

Hey Tonymac, first post here! I am in the process of buying a GPU for my rig, and I am choosing between the EVGA 780 FTW, and EVGA 780 Classified. I want to go with the Classified because it's a higher binned and overall better overclockable card than the FTW, and it's the same price, but I just want to make sure that the Classified is compatible with hackintoshing. Anyone have some experience with this card?

Not that it will be needed, here are some specs of my rig:
MOBO: Gigabyte Z87 HD3
CPU: i7 4770k (no OC yet)
Storage: 256GB SSD and 250GB HDD (SSD for Win 8.1, will use HDD for OS X)
RAM: 8GB A-Data XPG V1.0 CL9 1600Mhz
Network: Rosewill N900PCE
PSU: EVGA NEX750B 750W 80+ Bronze

Welcome to the fand....forum (studying for a test on bronies?Really Dallas isd)
Anyway it's still a gtx 780 and I don't think classified has any change on the guest itself so you should be alright

Welcome to the fand....forum (studying for a test on bronies?Really Dallas isd)
Anyway it's still a gtx 780 and I don't think classified has any change on the guest itself so you should be alright
Alright, I just remembered that different firmwares or BIOS's aren't supported in OS X, didn't know if this was one of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back