Graphics
nVidia GTX 770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Alright, so I just upgraded to an nVidia GTX 770, and I am seeing a few problems. Everything works and is stable, but in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Minecraft, my framerate is much lower than the card I upgraded from (AMD 6850). CoD I would get around 91 fps with the AMD, now I only get 25 with the 770. In World of Warcraft, turning on SSAO, sunshafts, or liquid detail causes character models, npcs, and small environmental objects to disappear, otherwise it works fine and the framerate is excellent.

I have GraphicsEnabler=No, same with IGPEnabler. I tried installing the 10.9 DP8 nVidia drivers as someone had success with in GM, but that didn't work either. I can't install the web drivers from nVidia, as they don't support 10.9.

Any ideas?

Not really. A different system def or editing/deleting applegraphicspowermanagement.kext might help.

My 670 seems to be working fine, although it still crashes running XCOM as did the 660 before it.

There may be a problem with OpenGL 4.1 and Nvidia cards under the current drivers. I'd counsel patience.

Not really. A different system def or editing/deleting applegraphicspowermanagement.kext might help.

My 670 seems to be working fine, although it still crashes running XCOM as did the 660 before it.

There may be a problem with OpenGL 4.1 and Nvidia cards under the current drivers. I'd counsel patience.

Alright, so I just upgraded to an nVidia GTX 770, and I am seeing a few problems. Everything works and is stable, but in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Minecraft, my framerate is much lower than the card I upgraded from (AMD 6850). CoD I would get around 91 fps with the AMD, now I only get 25 with the 770. In World of Warcraft, turning on SSAO, sunshafts, or liquid detail causes character models, npcs, and small environmental objects to disappear, otherwise it works fine and the framerate is excellent.

I have GraphicsEnabler=No, same with IGPEnabler. I tried installing the 10.9 DP8 nVidia drivers as someone had success with in GM, but that didn't work either. I can't install the web drivers from nVidia, as they don't support 10.9.

Any ideas?

If you reboot and then open the Console application and search for "AGPM" what do you see? Among the boot-up messages, you should find a message from "AGPM" telling whether it started up successfully or not.

Which system definition are you using? I suspect AGPM is not starting up (in this case you won't see a message from "AGPM" in your Console) or it's not finding a definition for your GPU under your system definitions section in the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext (in this case, you'd see a message to that effect when you search for "AGPM").

Good luck!

If you reboot and then open the Console application and search for "AGPM" what do you see? Among the boot-up messages, you should find a message from "AGPM" telling whether it started up successfully or not.

Which system definition are you using? I suspect AGPM is not starting up (in this case you won't see a message from "AGPM" in your Console) or it's not finding a definition for your GPU under your system definitions section in the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext (in this case, you'd see a message to that effect when you search for "AGPM").

Good luck!

I am using Mac Pro 3,1 system definition. When I search AGPM in Console, I get nothing. How do I make it start up?

I changed my definition to Mac Pro 5,1 and I got a KP on boot that said something along the lines of, "[AGPM] unknown platform".

I changed my definition to Mac Pro 4,1 and I got a KP on boot that said something about CPU5.

To use MacPro4,1 or MacPro5,1 you need to move AppleTyMCEDriver.kext out of /System/Library/Extensions.

It's a kext to support ECC RAM in those system definitions, and will just give you a kernel panic.

Sweet, thanks! Now I am using Mac Pro 5,1. I found out before your post that my AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext had no plist! Which is why it wasn't loading. I extracted it with Pacifist and now it does load, but has an unknown platform. I'm positive my gtx 770 should be "Vendor10deDevice1184" in my info.plist for AGPM, but I'm not sure of anything else for it.

Thanks for the help so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back