Contribute
Register

GTX 760 - Sierra issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that. I will try it tonight. I have never created a SSDT, is this the right way to do it?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/

The link you attached is for Generating a SSDT for Powermanagement. You need to get AGPM to load. To create a SSDT you can open a new template in MaciASL and just copy and paste save it as .aml. Use Rehabmans version of MaciASL can be downloaded from. RehabMan / OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic / Downloads — Bitbucket

Ah, ok, thanks. Sorry, this is very new for me. Ok, so I just grabbed the latest MaciASL from RehabMan's Bitbucket. Are you saying I go to file>new from ACPI>SSDT? I opened a new template from there and it has about 3000 lines. I'm don't understand where I paste the code with the patches you provided.

Ah, ok, thanks. Sorry, this is very new for me. Ok, so I just grabbed the latest MaciASL from RehabMan's Bitbucket. Are you saying I go to file>new from ACPI>SSDT? I opened a new template from there and it has about 3000 lines. I'm don't understand where I paste the code with the patches you provided.

No. File -> New and copy and paste,

Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "GFX0_HDAU", 0)
{
    External(_SB_.PCI0.PEG0, DeviceObj)
    External(_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.GFX0, DeviceObj)
    Scope(_SB.PCI0.PEG0)
    {
        Scope(GFX0)
        {
            Method (_DSM, 4)
            {
                If (!Arg2) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 }) }
                Return (Package()
                {
                    "@0,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },
                    "@1,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },
                    "@2,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },
                    "@3,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },
                    "@4,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },
                    "@5,connector-type", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00 },
                    "hda-gfx", Buffer () { "onboard-2" },
                })
            }
        }
        Device(HDAU)
        {
            Name(_ADR, 1)
            Method(_DSM, 4)
            {
                If (!Arg2) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 }) }
                Return (Package()
                {
                    "hda-gfx",Buffer() { "onboard-2" },
                })
            }
        }
    }
}
//EOF

I know this is an older thread and related to Sierra, but on High Sierra (just in case anyone finds this), I had this same problem on three mother boards (2x GA-Z68XP-UD4 and 1x GA-Z77X-UP5 TH) and got it to work by removing the nv_disable=1 parameter from clover bootup options. Otherwise the boot stick never would even boot. So FWIW, this might be something you try. I know nv_disable is supposed to be in place, but it messed with the native drivers somehow.

Hi
No problem on Sierra 10.12.5. I am running with a INNO 3D GTX 760 4GB.
Hi, did you manage to get HDMI audio through your 760?

I know this is an older thread and related to Sierra, but on High Sierra (just in case anyone finds this), I had this same problem on three mother boards (2x GA-Z68XP-UD4 and 1x GA-Z77X-UP5 TH) and got it to work by removing the nv_disable=1 parameter from clover bootup options. Otherwise the boot stick never would even boot. So FWIW, this might be something you try. I know nv_disable is supposed to be in place, but it messed with the native drivers somehow.

How did you get HS to boot without nv_disable=1? It seems to be a reoccurring problem for a lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back