Contribute
Register

GTX 760 - 21:9 LG Ultrawide Resolution in Sierra - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 760 2GB SC
Hello,

I am currently using a GTX 760 with the latest NVIDIA Web Driver for Sierra.

In El Capitan, the card recognized the 2560x1080 @ 60Hz resolution natively, but after upgrading to Sierra, the max native resolution is only 1080p.

I am able to achieve 2560x1080 by using SwitchResX, but only at a refresh rate of ~53Hz. I also occasionally notice some small artifacts (flickering pixels) on random parts of the screen at random times.

It's not unbearable and I can live with it, but I would like to know if anyone has a solution so that I can achieve 2560x1080 @ 60Hz (preferably natively in macOS) like I did in El Capitan.

Thanks.

tbh im in the exact same position mate, XD

Update: The newest NVIDIA web drivers for 10.12.1 have seemed to fix our problem -- now have native 2560x1080@60Hz.
I have same card and monitor and still stuck at 1920X1080 I've got the latest web drivers. still not happy. thoughts?

I have same card and monitor and still stuck at 1920X1080 I've got the latest web drivers. still not happy. thoughts?

Can't seem to find a straight answer for you - the latest web drivers worked for me in Sierra, but after running into other unrelated issues, I'm back on El Capitan. The latest El Capitan web drivers only allow 1080p, but when I uninstalled them, I got full 2560 at 60Hz...
Very, very odd issue.

When you uninstall the drivers, the system will fall back to the UEFI display driver, which usually supports all resolutions your GPU can do. Apples limitations will only kick in as soon as a system driver is loaded.

Did you finally check out the Pixel Clock Patch? I'm sure it'll solve your problem. Other solution is avoiding HDMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back