Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi friends,

did anyone try the GTX 760? Somewhere I read, that the GK104 GPU works without problems and glitches. But I am not sure.

Finally solved for me by installing Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM in Multibeast and checking Store nvram.plist on system partition in NVRAM < Clover.

UPD: and here it goes again...

Last edited:
Maintenant, mettez à jour 10.13.3 mon gtx 660 semble correct, pas de problème graphique
Edith: oops ,,sometime i have again the problem,,so only 15% of time, and 65% before the update

Last edited:
Today I tried something new. Changed my graphic card from Nvidia GTX 660Ti 2GB to a GTX 1060 6GB. Also read that there are glitches too with GTX 1060 but so far... I have no more Glitches!

My System is still macOS High Sierra 10.3.2, 2 Monitors, one via DVI the other via HDMI.

Software you need:
  • Lilu.kext
Download Now 44.9 KB .zip
  • NvidiaGraphicsFixup_1.2.2.kext
Download Now 15.4 KB .zip
  • Nvidia WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.104 (this was the Web driver I needed for mac OS Version)
WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.104.pkg

What I've done is:

- First uninstalled Nvidia web drivers via System Control Panel>Nvidia Driver Manager
- Then shut down my Hackintosh
- Uninstalled the old Nvidia GTX 660Ti and replaced it with the new Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
- Started the Hackintosh, everything went booting but only one Display was running.

- Install the downloaded Nvidia Web Driver (at mine it was 378.10.10.10.25.104) if this Web Driver won't fit your version of High Sierra, you can download other versions from here

- Opened Clover Configurator, mounted my EFI.
- Go to EFI/EFI/CLOVER, duplicated "config.plist" and renamed it to "config-backup-2.plist" (for backup of old system definitions, I would recommend this step if you have boot issues after change your SMBIOS)
- Go to EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and put in there the downloaded "Lilu.kext" and "NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext"

- After backed up config.plist and copied the Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, switched back to Clover Configurator, there opened my "config.plist".

- Go to "Graphics" deselected all "Injects" (at mine it was "inject Nvidia" selected)
- Go to "SMBIOS" and changed with the little button on right side from "iMac13.1" to "MacPro6.1"
- Save changes in config.plist with "CMD+S" then exit Clover Configurator and press "OK"

Thats all. Restart your system. Could be that loading screen first time will take a little longer at boot up but no worries.

- Go to "Graphics" deselected all "Injects" (at mine it was "inject Nvidia" selected)
- Go to "SMBIOS" and changed with the little button on right side from "iMac13.1" to "MacPro6.1"
- Save changes in config.plist with "CMD+S" then exit Clover Configurator and press "OK"

Thats all. Restart your system. Could be that loading screen first time will take a little longer at boot up but no worries.

Is the SMBIOS switch mandatory? I am using iMac14.2 and planning to swap my GTG660TI with GTX950 that I have laying around.

I've got 10.13.3 with GTX660, still has graphic problems.

I've got 10.13.3 with GTX660, still has graphic problems.
Thank you for reporting this, I almost pressed the button last night. Very glad that I have not done something wrong before seeing this. :thumbup:

It didn't help. Still graphical glitches on GTX1060

@Edit
I noticed, that glitches are more significant after waking up computer from sleep. After disabling this option, my hackintosh is working decently (but still no gaming).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back