Contribute
Register

GTX 560 Ti - HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
haven't gotten any headway just gave up for the moment. I plan on getting a Z77 board at some point and will probably pursue it at that point. I'm most likely getting a ASUS Z77 Sabertooth.

jb6magic said:
haven't gotten any headway just gave up for the moment. I plan on getting a Z77 board at some point and will probably pursue it at that point. I'm most likely getting a ASUS Z77 Sabertooth.
I can't answer your question until I see the IOReg.

I gave it another shot using the F10 BIOS update before installing Mountain Lion. Post install I am having the same issue of recognizing my graphics card; but it picks a device ID of 0. I have two ideas (will attach IOREG next week when I am back home with my desktop);

1.) Try plugging the card into a different slot; it seems that device ID's of 2 and 3 are assigned to my RAID card and the slot after. Maybe the motherboard for OS X doesn't recognize my GPU for a slot because the DSDT is telling it that that is slot 0? Just an idea.

2.) Try copying my DSDT from my motherboard directly; and then editing it manually. Would it be possible that some error happened in the database version? If so I would need to know what to add in for Mountain Lion to work correctly. The BIOS upgrade unfortunately doesn't have a version for UEFI yet but it does seem to have better stability.

I have a full clone image of my boot drive so I can easily restore if something goes wrong. The drive is also 100 GB's so it is really not a problem to restore it (takes under an hour).

Additionally, would it be possible that the error is the 560 ti's fault? I am planning to upgrade to a GTX 680 in the next month or so (specifically one of EVGA's 4GB editions), which from what I understand is native and requires no graphic enabler. Since the card is native I will still need to do motherboard edits for OS X I assume but for the same reasons I would like to get HDMI audio working (Blu Rays are much nicer to watch on DTS over HDMI audio than just using the regular MP3 cable). I know that genuine mac's with HDMI ports allow for HDMI audio, that is where I am basing the theory.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

-Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back