Contribute
Register

GTX 560 Ti - HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mountain Mods Extended Ascension (Anodized Black with a Neon Green Plexi Window)
CPU
Core i7-2700k Quad Core w/Corsair Hydro H80
Graphics
EVGA Nvidia GTX 560-Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I've edited my DSDT before. I've gotten my system working quite nicely in the last few weeks. My signature should have all my hardware specs. I use an analog surround sound receiver with some pretty sweet speakers, and the receiver has HDMI audio support. So I've decided that rather than attempt to invest in a sound card for now, that saving a few bucks would be nice and instead getting my HDMI port to project nice 5.1 surround sound through my receiver. I've seen through some apple forum posts once seen you can use the HDMI interface under audio MIDI Setup to designate speakers and such to make it work the right way for you.

This is the guide I'm trying to follow.

Guide: viewtopic.php?f=162&t=31664
DSDT Edits: viewtopic.php?f=162&t=31947

When it comes to editing the DSDT though, I'm a little hesitant about what my display address. According to IOReg, it appears my ID display address is 0, which to me doesn't make much sense. Has anyone either successfully gotten the GTX 560 Ti working with HDMI audio who knows the correct answer or is there someone who can steer me in the right direction? Bellow is a section showing what I am having trouble with currently.

c. Look for PCIO@0
1. Example: PCI0 > AppleACPIPCI > pci-bridge@1, where "1" is the display address (d is usually 1 or 3, sometimes 2)
2. The display address is 1, actually, 0x00010000.
3. Graphic card references could also be P0P1@1, P0P3@3, ….

d. Note the display address for the next step. (0x00010000 or 0x00030000)

thanks,

-Jacob

I'm new to the forums here but I attached a screenshot hopefully that helps

ioreg.tiff

Attachments

• ioreg.tiff
    225.5 KB · Views: 503
jb6magic said:
I'm new to the forums here but I attached a screenshot hopefully that helps
The answer to the question in your first post is PEG0@1. However, there is a serious problem. Your IOReg shows pci_bridge@0; that should not be there and it's there twice. Is this dsdt from the database?

I believe the DSDT is edit free but my graphics card solution was from here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=35148

I didn't use the power adjustments otherwise it is the same.

My DSDT is from the database I did try editing it for the graphics card with no luck but I'm pretty sure I swapped it back. I will try reinstalling my DSDT from the database though, just in case. I do believe there are multiple PCI express slots though since the motherboard can handle Tri-SLI.

let me know,

-Jacob

So I did a fresh DSDT. I put the edits on the instructions, this is as far as I got. I can't see HDAU when I search in IOreg. GFX0 does come up correctly. PCI0@0 only comes up once now though.

13. Note device-id, this your HDMI Audio Device_id; save for later.

any ideas?

jb6magic said:
So I did a fresh DSDT. I put the edits on the instructions, this is as far as I got. I can't see HDAU when I search in IOreg. GFX0 does come up correctly. PCI0@0 only comes up once now though.

13. Note device-id, this your HDMI Audio Device_id; save for later.

any ideas?
Does it look the same as above with two extra pci_bridge@0? HDAU and GFX0 have to be at the same level. If the same thing is happening with the new dsdt, HDMI audio won't work.

this is my ioreg screenshot. If I search HDAU it just states root and nothing else.

Does this mean it won't work with my board?

-Jacob

Attachments

• gfx.tiff
    179.5 KB · Views: 479
jb6magic said:
this is my ioreg screenshot. If I search HDAU it just states root and nothing else.

Does this mean it won't work with my board?

-Jacob
Your screen screen does not show what I need to see. The problem occurs after GFX0. Attach a copy of IOReg (IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As ....).

Ok here's a copy didn't know how to do that before.

-Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back