Contribute
Register

GTX 560 Ti - HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how to attach the file it seems to be disappearing when I try and upload it

-Jacob

think after zipping my ioreg info it worked. Also attached a copy of my DSDT. Any help would be much appreciated thanks. I got the HDMI audio working on the windows side so I think its probably possible. I was able to achieve it in windows by opening the included nVidea software and changing settings to transmit audio via HDMI.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    15.7 KB · Views: 127
  • \'s Hackintosh.ioreg.zip
    588.3 KB · Views: 102
jb6magic said:
think after zipping my ioreg info it worked. Also attached a copy of my DSDT. Any help would be much appreciated thanks. I got the HDMI audio working on the windows side so I think its probably possible. I was able to achieve it in windows by opening the included nVidea software and changing settings to transmit audio via HDMI.
Lion HDMI audio is implemented differently than Windows. Unfortunately, it does not look like HDMI audio is possible on your motherboard with the techniques available.

hmm are there alternate methods to get HDMI audio working with my board? I've contemplated getting a different board when native Thunderbolt hits the shelves anyway so theres a chance that it will just make sense to swap then, but for now is there any other methods? Maybe a software method to look into?

Has anyone succeeded in getting HDMI audio working with GA-Z68X-UD7-B3? Please share methods if so.

For now I will roll back my DSDT to pre-HDMI edits since it's not doing anything useful right now.

jb6magic said:
hmm are there alternate methods to get HDMI audio working with my board? I've contemplated getting a different board when native Thunderbolt hits the shelves anyway so theres a chance that it will just make sense to swap then, but for now is there any other methods? Maybe a software method to look into?
Voodoo is an alternative.

Is the latest version of Voodoo on multibeast or do I need to download it from somewhere else? Also what configuration is necessary (if any) once installed to get HDMI audio working via voodoo?

-Jacob

Ok so if I am correct the Voodoo versions are all in multibesat. I have tried each and every version with no luck. I can't see the HDMI port via any of them in audio MIDI.

I get this message every time I open the preference pane:

Error! Wrong Channels Number 0..24

Any suggestions? I'm starting to think the best plan might be to get a mac compatible audiophile sound card that will allow me get a direct analog connection to my receiver for full surround sound, which bypasses this whole need for HDMI audio, unless someone is able to help me figure out a better method of getting HDMI audio to work.

jb6magic said:
Ok so if I am correct the Voodoo versions are all in multibesat. I have tried each and every version with no luck. I can't see the HDMI port via any of them in audio MIDI.

I get this message every time I open the preference pane:

Error! Wrong Channels Number 0..24

Any suggestions? I'm starting to think the best plan might be to get a mac compatible audiophile sound card that will allow me get a direct analog connection to my receiver for full surround sound, which bypasses this whole need for HDMI audio, unless someone is able to help me figure out a better method of getting HDMI audio to work.
I have never tried Voodoo so I can't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back