Contribute
Register

GTX 560 Ti dual monitor / audio problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
"has anyone tried the hdmi port yet"

yup, not working for me

I'm considering returning the EVFA GeForce 560TI card on the assumption that this is a hardware problem. I have no way to determine if this is true or not, but I have not been able to solve this with configuration changes. Using the onboard for one monitor and the card for the other is a short term workaround, but eliminates the option of ever running two sizable monitors. I have only so much time to "easily" return the card. What compatible graphics card will run two monitors?

I am having the same issue as well. I dont know what the issue is but i had both monitors working on the card last night then i shutdown to go out this morning and then HELL all day trying to get it to work again. I dont really want to return the card but its getting close to leaving me no option.

I'm considering returning the EVFA GeForce 560TI card on the assumption that this is a hardware problem. I have no way to determine if this is true or not, but I have not been able to solve this with configuration changes. Using the onboard for one monitor and the card for the other is a short term workaround, but eliminates the option of ever running two sizable monitors. I have only so much time to "easily" return the card. What compatible graphics card will run two monitors?

I would love to know the answer to this as well. I'm considering doing the same

I am in the middle of working through this again.

I reinstalled MacOS10.8 with Unibeast on a erased drive partition.

The only changes to the BIOS: Initial Graphics=PEG; IGFX disabled.

Both monitors are plugged into the 560TI.

Multibeast: User DSDT and Audio, nothing else.

I've rebooted the system several times mainly trying to solve a boot0 problem (no success yet).

However, on every reboot (so far) both monitors have come up.

I am in the middle of working through this again.

However, on every reboot (so far) both monitors have come up.

Shut computer off, wait 30 minutes, start computer up, probably lose the second monitor again. Does sys info show yes/yes or yes/no?

As for dual monitor cards, doing research. Lots to filter though, looks like the 660/670 series etc will work, but might need combo of dvi and hdmi or displayport (I'm ok with that). 6870 will probably work as well, but can't confirm dual monitors in ML so far and its a bit older/slower. I do love my XFX dual fan 6870 in Lion. Been fantastic, but the idea is to speed things up with every new build :)

Start searching, lots of info to wade through...don't really want to do this again...

fixjet: I left the computer shut down for 45 minutes, then restarted. (I have to do a MultiBeast Flash Card boot to select the boot drive. If I don't, I have boot0 errors.)

No second monitor. However, I restarted the computer maybe four times and the second monitor starting working again. Hardware or software? Who knows? In the PC world not having something show up right away in not uncommon.

The second monitor didn't work/started working regardless of whether the Graphics driver patches from Multibeast were loaded or not. I have two experimental systems, one has the patch, and one does not.

I have worked all morning on figuring out the boot0 error, tried several approaches that I've read on this forum, and no success yet. Perhaps Mountain Lion necessitates a new solution to the boot0 problem. Or it could be that I just have another steep learning curve.

Anybody else experiencing boot0 errors with Mountain Lion and our hardware configuration?

I've done a lot of reading on these forums and I wish posters would be more specific with descriptions.

No second monitor. However, I restarted the computer maybe four times and the second monitor starting working again. Hardware or software? Who knows? In the PC world not having something show up right away in not uncommon.

I've done a lot of reading on these forums and I wish posters would be more specific with descriptions.

Fair enough but the monitor issue on start up is not great. Its completely random, sometimes takes 8 or 9 tries on my machine. That is not acceptable to me. However once running just put to sleep instead of shutdown and that could be ok I guess.

Agree 100% on the description comment...OOB means it works, but then you find out later not with two monitors, not on the hdmi, not if its a full moon or raining, no acceleration, etc!! :) In fairness it is hard to keep it all straight though, easy to get confusion going by leaving out a word or two. I'm selling mine to a PC buddy, trying something else. I'll keep you posted, going to be a week or two though (my time is worth something too, I've put enough into this one).

The Boot 0 error is a whole new can of worms, I have not seen that at all on the new build...can't add anything there, sorry.

fixjet: Having to reboot umpteen times or never shutting the thing off is not really a solution. Just another workaround. Pretty frustrating.

Here's a question. Does your 560TI work OK in your friend's PC?

fixjet: Having to reboot umpteen times or never shutting the thing off is not really a solution. Just another workaround. Pretty frustrating.

Here's a question. Does your 560TI work OK in your friend's PC?

He hasn't picked it up yet but you know it will. The issues are the same for everyone here on the board, there is nothing wrong with the cards, they just don't interface that well with OS X IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back