Contribute
Register

GTX 560 Ti dual monitor / audio problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, are we supposed to boot into Windows on the same machine?

nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1024MB NVce [10de:1200] :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
Looking for nvidia video bios file /Extra/10de_1200.rom
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/10de_1200.rom] 63488 bytes.
Using nVidia Video BIOS File /Extra/10de_1200.rom (63488 Bytes)

Look into the bdmesg !

I think you misunderstand. The card works GREAT, there are no problems!! Capitals or not in the rom name makes no difference on my machine, bdmesg gives me exactly the same message either way. I was just pointing that out.

Okay. So I found the extra folder on my SSD. But am I still supposed to boot into Windows on the same machine? How is that achieved?

Well, I'm in the same boat with all of you guys. Upon my first booting of the computer, both monitors worked fine, better than I hoped for. After shutting it down for a few mins then coming back to it, only the 1 monitor was working. As mentioned earlier, the monitor closest to the MB starts with the loading screen, then displays "No signal" and the primary screen pops up.

Are we to boot to windows from the same machine? I am not currently dual booting on this Hackintosh and wasn't really planning on it.

Yes you need to be in windows to pull that rom file out with gpu-z. You could put the card in a buddies machine and do that as well.

Got my two monitors working, using iMac86's advice. This is by far the simplest and most elegant approach to the "Nvidia Rom Patching Failed" error. It also fixed a hardware acceleration error when updating The Sims 3. :)

THANK YOU iMac86!

To enable full OpenGL 2.0 just type the following in terminal:

sudo perl -pi -e '$c++ if s|\x8b\x87\x1c\x0c\x00\x00\x89\x06\x8b\x87\x20\x0c\x00\x00\x89\x02|\x31\xc0\xff\xc0\xff\xc0\x89\x06\x31\xc0\x89\x02\x90\x90\x90\x90|; END { unless ($c) { warn "No substitutions made\n"; $? =1 } }' /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib

thanks to ideas_man69

THANKS!!!! imac86 i was looking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back