Contribute
Register

GTX 560 Ti dual monitor / audio problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm calling it fixed!! Thank you iMac 86!!!! Have started the computer up cold many times, not once has the monitor failed to get a signal. Not once has that error message come back with at least 20 cold boots and reboots. Dual monitors work as they should. Luxmark, Novabench, Cinebench etc all work good, scores are as good or better than they were.Sleep works like it should.

Using both DVI ports, have not tried the hdmi port yet.

The funny part is the 660Ti showed up today.... :)

fixjet: Could you please list exactly what is in your edited org.chameleon.Boot.plist file?

Attachments

• plist.jpg
    plist.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 632
Hi guys, I found a solution but it needs testing.
Steps:
1- Boot into windows, download GPU-Z and save the rom file (or create a "NVFLASH" usb image").
2- Rename the ROM to "VenID_DevID.ROM (i.e 10DE_1200.ROM).
3- Place it in "Extra" in Mac OS X.
4- In org.chameleon.boot.plist make sure of the following:
Code:
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>UseNvidiaROM</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>VBIOS</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
Reboot and voila.

Works with 560Ti MSI Twin Frozer II OC / GA-Z77-UD5H with no DSDT.
Only thing to take care is 10DE_1200.ROM is Case sensitive and UseNvidiaROM /VBIOS expects that file to named 10de_1200.rom. Please check bdmesg on your mac to see what you did wrong. After you modify org.chameleon.boot.plist and chameleon does not see your firmware (my system has blank screeen on both dvi outputs)
you will have boot verbose with UseNvidiaROM=No and rename the file acordingly.

Now no more switching between dvi outputs from windows to mac and viceversa.

Other solution you can use: Natit full kexts (this was my previous solution for dual monitor display)
http://www.osx86.net/view/2532-crazy_natit_***all_nvidia***.html
On my hack only thing that saw is Videocard is diplayed with 0 Mbytes :(

Another issue for me is: Games are freezing (i can force close them and my hack is still working) - Example of freezing game is EVE Online. What tests I can do to find out what is the problem?

10.8.1 from AppleStore / Unibeast / Multibeast 5.0.2 / GA-Z77-UD5H / i7 2600K / Corsair H100 / Antec P280 / 4x 4GB RAM Corsair 1600

Only added kext besides those Multibeast is :
http://hacksbyalfa.com/post/29038033466/how-to-fix-intel-7-series-chipset-in-system-profiler

Only thing to take care is 10DE_1200.ROM is Case sensitive and UseNvidiaROM /VBIOS expects that file to named 10de_1200.rom. Please check bdmesg on your mac to see what you did wrong. After you modify org.chameleon.boot.plist and chameleon does not see your firmware (my system has blank screeen on both dvi outputs)
you will have boot verbose with UseNvidiaROM=No and rename the file acordingly.

Other solution you can use: Natit full kexts (this was my previous solution for dual monitor display)
http://www.osx86.net/view/2532-crazy_natit_***all_nvidia***.html
On my hack only thing that saw is Videocard is diplayed with 0 Mbytes :(

OK took your advice and changed the ROM file to proper case. Didn't seem to make much difference, no issues either way that i noticed. On the crazy nvidia kext, they must have just updated that because when I checked last it said worked good in Lion, not sure on ML so I didn't try it. Anyway, good to have solutions available.

Thanks

Check bdmesg please and see if you rename your rom correctly first.

Regards,

Check bdmesg please and see if you rename your rom correctly first.

Regards,

Tried 10de_1200.rom and 10DE_1200.ROM and bdmesg shows exactly the same both times, no issues.

nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1024MB NVce [10de:1200] :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
Looking for nvidia video bios file /Extra/10de_1200.rom
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/10de_1200.rom] 63488 bytes.
Using nVidia Video BIOS File /Extra/10de_1200.rom (63488 Bytes)

Look into the bdmesg !

Where is this "Extra" folder for Mac OS X? Is this copying it to a flash drive? I'm confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back