Motherboard
B360 AORUS GAMING 3 WIFI (rev. 1.0)
CPU
Intel i5-8400
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1060 SC (6GB)
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I did a fresh install of Yosemite. To be able to use my card I had to use the bootflag "GraphicsEnabler=Yes".

After the installation, before using Multibeast, I could boot into the system just fine only using that bootflag. So I did not install any drivers at all, just the Basic Boot Options in Multibeast which install the minimal plist for Chimera (org.chameleon.Boot.plist), after that I cannot boot unless I boot into safe mode.

1 . If I try to boot normally, with the plist inside /Extra and only using verbose, it hangs after loading bluetooth, which I know it is when it's loading the graphics. (Image 1).

2 . If I boot in safe mode, with the plist inside /Extra, I can get into the system just fine, but I get these weird stripped lines loading the screen and the graphics are very slow, which I think it's because of the safe mode. (Image 2).

3. If I delete the plist from /Extra, I can boot perfectly fine into the system, by providing just the "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" bootflag manually. And I don't get the weird strippes from Image 2.

I tried removing as much options that I could from the plist file, leaving just GraphicsEnabler option set to Yes, but it would either just crash Chimera or still not boot unless in safe mode.

So now I have no idea of what's going on. Please help me out.

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    856.1 KB · Views: 124
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 137
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    463 bytes · Views: 270
I found the problem. I am now booting fine with the plist inside /Extra, I had to add UserKernelCache set to No, because the default was Yes even if I had no UseKernelCache option set.

I found the problem. I am now booting fine with the plist inside /Extra, I had to add UserKernelCache set to No, because the default was Yes even if I had no UseKernelCache option set.

Using kernel cache will speed up your boot times a lot. You might want to try rebuilding it using terminal.

Using kernel cache will speed up your boot times a lot. You might want to try rebuilding it using terminal.

Alright, will try to do that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back