Contribute
Register

GTX 1060 notebook working but only hdmi out not the notebook screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I have a gs43vr msi notebook with a gtx1060 6gb, I just installed the pascal web drivers but when I boot with the drivers only the external monitor works, my notebook screen turn black.
If I boot with the intel 530 notebook screen works fine.
Im using the 27inch iMac profile, its due to this profile?or the 1060 for notebooks is not supported?

Hello I have a gs43vr msi notebook with a gtx1060 6gb, I just installed the pascal web drivers but when I boot with the drivers only the external monitor works, my notebook screen turn black.
If I boot with the intel 530 notebook screen works fine.
Im using the 27inch iMac profile, its due to this profile?or the 1060 for notebooks is not supported?

You probably need to inject EDID.

Didn't work, i cannot boot anymore.
Maybe i followed a bad guide,do you suggest a specific guide?
Any other ideia?

I don't know of any guide for Nvidia Pascal graphics on a laptop.
Perhaps you should search the guides section.

hey joaocarlos13,

I have the exact same laptop and I am interested in getting Sierra installed on this. What guide did you follow OR can you create a basic guide? There are many gaming laptops with the same specs and I'm sure others would benefit.

Thanks

if you read closely, ikayhan, I believe joao is saying he could not get it to work and wants help.

Secondly, ikay, "there are many laptops with the same specs" makes you sound like you've not been here very long. This is not gaming, where the parts of a laptop boil down to "what GPU does it have, how fast is the CPU and how much RAM" as you know everything will work with the Windows/Linux OS on top of it. This is OS X and you will find that 90% of laptops have hugely different parts under the hood, many of them impossible to get to work under macOS.

Joao if the GPU is not showing two screens in System Preferences > Displays then an EDID will not fix it. You need a NVCAP or DSDT edit to add the LVDS port to your GPUs list of ports because Web Drivers assumed that you have a desktop card and thus no LVDS port (which most laptops use internally for display). I haven't hacked a GPU'd laptop yet so I'll be of no use, but there should be guides for adding ports to your Nvidia GPU elsewhere on site.

am considering the same laptop, any luck with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back