Contribute
Register

GTX 1000 Series with FCP X - Bruce X Results here please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you @boogieman77
I have attached a simple Motion project. Just double click on it and let me know if you are getting an error like the one in the screenshot also attached. That error is caused by an unsupported video card or a video card with not enough video memory. You can scrub the timeline to test how responsive the Motion is and how/if the preview is in real time. Also please hit Command + E and export the project and let me know the render time.
Thank you very much @boogieman77

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    56.3 KB · Views: 132
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 4.00.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 4.00.28 PM.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 196
Thank you @boogieman77
I have attached a simple Motion project. Just double click on it and let me know if you are getting an error like the one in the screenshot also attached. That error is caused by an unsupported video card or a video card with not enough video memory. You can scrub the timeline to test how responsive the Motion is and how/if the preview is in real time. Also please hit Command + E and export the project and let me know the render time.

I'll be back home tomorrow morning and will run it

Thank you @boogieman77

Opens fine and no error like you posted. Export time from when I hit start to done is a constant 43.32 Is that fast?

Edit: I got home earlier than expected and updated motion sorry took so long.

Last edited:
The export time is absolutely perfect if those are seconds :). My iMac 21.5 Late 2011 with AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB renders that in 4 minutes. This is great news for me because I'm planning to build a hackintosh for Motion work and the 3D feature is a must have. Looks like Pascal works ok. Thank you very much again.

The export time is absolutely perfect if those are seconds :). My iMac 21.5 Late 2011 with AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB renders that in 4 minutes. This is great news for me because I'm planning to build a hackintosh for Motion work and the 3D feature is a must have. Looks like Pascal works ok. Thank you very much again.

Yes it was in seconds. And your welcome. Hope all goes good. I have the 1080ti in case you didn't see it in my signature. I can't believe there's that much diff.

On the original Bruce X question I have a 4.1 overclocked to 4.6 Ghz i7 in a Gigabyte Gaming 7 motherboard exporting to a Samsung NVME 950 with 32 Gigs of Ram and a GTX 1060. I'm getting 43 seconds with the background rendering switched off, not sure if this is good or bad but I thought I'd contribute.

I have pretty much the exact same setup as you and get the exact same time lol :)

Been a long time and have since updated to High Sierra. At first FCPX wasnt as good as Sierra or even El Captain.

However rolling back drivers for the 1080ti to .103 im loving FCPX. Here is the latest BruceX test on it. I know digging up a old thread but still wanted to share.
Edit: This was one of several tests. Average was 13.1-14.5 seconds.

Last edited:
Been a long time and have since updated to High Sierra. At first FCPX wasnt as good as Sierra or even El Captain.

However rolling back drivers for the 1080ti to .103 im loving FCPX. Here is the latest BruceX test on it. I know digging up a old thread but still wanted to share.
Edit: This was one of several tests. Average was 13.1-14.5 seconds.

How did you get around 13.1-14.5 seconds? I get around 19.60-20.66 seconds. I only have 16gb of RAM, is it because you have more RAM?

I'm running

Final Cut Pro 10.4.2
High Sierra 10.13.2

How did you get around 13.1-14.5 seconds? I get around 19.60-20.66 seconds. I only have 16gb of RAM, is it because you have more RAM?

I'm running

Final Cut Pro 10.4.2
High Sierra 10.13.2

I honestly don’t know. I have noticed that sometimes my times do go up that high. I will reboot and then the times will fall back down to the 13-14. Then again it will hover around the 19-22 seconds. I haven’t had the time to devote to figuring it out.

boogieman: from the video its quite visible your timeline is prerendered, brucex instructions state turn background render off and delete renders

unrendered = little white dots above the time section of timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back