Graphics
Intel 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello to you all and thank you for the time to possibly read over this or help me troubleshoot. I have read many of the other threads and most of them seem to be Kepler based or require the web drivers and that is what I'm hoping to avoid.

I purchased a GT 740 primarily over the 750 as the buyers guide seems to state that the 750 needs web drivers and the 740 is "natively compatible without modifying drivers."

So I went ahead and took the performance loss so I would have something easy to maintain and not have to worry about web driver issues. Well I plugged it in, expecting to boot and then I was greeted with a black screen. So then I made sure I had no injection turned on and tried the nv_disable=1 and it booted but of course, no acceleration. Last but not least, I downloaded the web drivers and tried nvda_drv=1 and it booted fine with proper acceleration.

So does it sound like I am not doing something correct or does this Kepler card require some work to get her going? I'm just at a loss now as I was depending on the guide to be accurate, but I get it can't always be this way and now I am trying to resolve this issue I am having in macOS

Thanks,
TVO

Last edited:
It looks as if it is increasingly common that many people using GT 740 cards are requiring the additional drivers particularly with the latest release of 10.11.4
It should be a GK107 card (rebadged GTX 650) which you should be able to verify using DPCIManager.

More often than not the GDDR5 version of the GT 740 requires the drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back