Contribute
Register

GT 610 doesn't boot without nv_disable=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I did a fresh install of El Capitan and I cannot boot without nv_disable=1. I'm thinking to install another kext that supports QE/CI. Maybe that was the problem. And Yes, I'm using DVI.

Today I did a fresh install of El Capitan and I cannot boot without nv_disable=1. I'm thinking to install another kext that supports QE/CI. Maybe that was the problem. And Yes, I'm using DVI.

A GT 610 is natively supported with full QE/CI. All you need to do is set Inject/Nvidia to True. Do NOT install any kext.

I think the problem is that OS X doesn't recognize the graphics card because in About My Mac, GPU is listed as Unknown.

I still can't boot without nv_disable=1. As a mention before I think that the problem is Unknown GPU. Can someone please help me fill the graphics section in Clover Configurator for my Gigabyte GT 610 1GB? I think that this might solve my problem.

Please Help!

I still can't boot without nv_disable=1. As a mention before I think that the problem is Unknown GPU. Can someone please help me fill the graphics section in Clover Configurator for my Gigabyte GT 610 1GB? I think that this might solve my problem.

Please Help!

Clover.png

I'm home now and I already have Inject Nvidia turned on because if I don't it shows me no output. I still cannot boot right. And if i boot straight I get spinning wheel.

EDIT: And maybe if you please suggest the right SMBIOS. Right now I'm using iMac14,2

Last edited:
I'm home now and I already have Inject Nvidia turned on because if I don't it shows me no output. I still cannot boot right. And if i boot straight I get spinning wheel.

EDIT: And maybe if you please suggest the right SMBIOS. Right now I'm using iMac14,2

El Capitan or Sierra?

I have been using GT610 from when it was released. It has worked natively without a single glitch all the way upto sierra. People just haven't figured out how to get it working in Sierra.

For ElCap don't use any kexts. Inject it into the installer USB (clover/unibeast), disable native GPU from BIOS (must be some integrated intel) and boot. It should go without any boot arguments specific to 610 GPU

Please Help!

Post your config.plist for clover, that would be a good start.

El Capitan or Sierra?

I have been using GT610 from when it was released. It has worked natively without a single glitch all the way upto sierra. People just haven't figured out how to get it working in Sierra.

For ElCap don't use any kexts. Inject it into the installer USB (clover/unibeast), disable native GPU from BIOS (must be some integrated intel) and boot. It should go without any boot arguments specific to 610 GPU

Which System Definition are you using?

Which System Definition are you using?

On El Capitan I used MacPro 3,1

On Sierra it is not working. None of the system definitions work even with fixes. Web drivers, boot arguments or using different port (HDMI/DVI/VGA) are also of no help. I even edited the DSDT the way Rehabman described. No one here or on insanelymac has had luck with 610 or lower models. It only boots with nv_disable=1 with choppy display and no acceleration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back