Gigabyte H81M-DS2V
CPU
i3-4170
Graphics
GT 610
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!

I just build my second hackintosh. I followed the installation guide and almost everything worked fin until I come to nvidia web drivers. I installed them and added nvd_drv=1, but it showed me spinning wheel. I can't boot without nv_disable=1 or -x.

Please help!

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2 (rev. 3.0)
CPU: Intel Core i3 4170
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GT 610

Hi!

I just build my second hackintosh. I followed the installation guide and almost everything worked fin until I come to nvidia web drivers. I installed them and added nvd_drv=1, but it showed me spinning wheel. I can't boot without nv_disable=1 or -x.

Please help!

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2 (rev. 3.0)
CPU: Intel Core i3 4170
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GT 610
You only need Inject/Nvidia/True for that card. No need to use the web drivers. Should boot without any other flags.

Last edited:
I did boot on OS X default drivers and with Inject Nvidia. It works fine now. The only thing that bothers me now are glitches on animations. Especially in iTunes. My GPU is also unknown in about my mac and there's no transparency in the dock.

Last edited:
I did boot on OS X default drivers and with Inject Nvidia. It works fine now. The only thing that bothers me now are glitches on animations. Especially in iTunes. My GPU is also unknown in about my mac and there's no transparency in the dock.

What brand is the GT610 ?

Sounds like nv_disable=1 is still active. Can you uncheck it in Clover Configurator so that it is no longer active ?

Yea that card should work fine. I have a PNY brand one in my second hack without issues.

Sounds like nv_disable=1 is still active. Can you uncheck it in Clover Configurator so that it is no longer active ?
The resolution is the right so I don't think that nv_disable is still on. Because when I turn on nv_disable in clover boot screen it loads with wrong resolution.

I think I found out where's the problem.

When I first installed OS X El Capitan I couldn't boot without nv_disable=1. Then I downloaded this kext for GT 610 for Mavericks (http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3996-geforce-gt-610-kext/) and the resolution with OS X default drivers was the right one but animations didn't work as i expected.

I think the problem is that OS X doesn't recognize the graphics card because in About My Mac, GPU is listed as Unknown.

I think I found out where's the problem.

When I first installed OS X El Capitan I couldn't boot without nv_disable=1. Then I downloaded this kext for GT 610 for Mavericks (http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3996-geforce-gt-610-kext/) and the resolution with OS X default drivers was the right one but animations didn't work as i expected.

I think the problem is that OS X doesn't recognize the graphics card because in About My Mac, GPU is listed as Unknown.

Yea, you don't need any third party kext. Delete that kext and don't use nv_disable. Also be sure to use a digital connection as results with VGA are unpredictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back