PENIS
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

Sorry to be a bother but I'm having major problems installing snow leopard on my pc! I plan on installing it and upgrading to mountain lion. After I load up the install through iboot, it just gets stuck at the grey apple screen with the spinning wheel :( my specs are:
4gb DDR3 ram
120gb SSD
I7 2600k sandybridge
Gigabyte GA Z77X UD5H mobo
radeon HD 6670 (I think ) gfx

Please help :( many thanks!

Hey guys,

Sorry to be a bother but I'm having major problems installing snow leopard on my pc! I plan on installing it and upgrading to mountain lion. After I load up the install through iboot, it just gets stuck at the grey apple screen with the spinning wheel :( my specs are:
4gb DDR3 ram
120gb SSD
I7 2600k sandybridge
Gigabyte GA Z77X UD5H mobo
radeon HD 6670 (I think ) gfx

Please help :( many thanks!

Aszbaz

As you have a SB CPU we need to use a modified install process and some command line options

this is the modded install procedure.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
How to due a sandybridge cpu w compatable hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD) - get welcome screen
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Audio/Ethernet/DSDT

DSDT and BIOS firmware must match to the corresponding number.
As you dont have a DSDT file you still can use the UserDSDT section and select the options that match your MB hardware - network and sound.

This will install the correct kexts and the miminum number of kexts.

Command line switches - Best Startup Switch for inital install from iBoot w Apple DVD
-x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No
We use this to install the inital OSX and then we should only use the -v -f switchs untill we are done w the install.
This is an option for video most of the time not needed npci=0x2000 ( which is added to the end of the long command line)

The only item that I question is that Video card as your not sure of the exact model number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back