Contribute
Register

Graphics Issue After update to 10.9.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have the vanilla 10.9.3 kext backed up somewhere, yes. Use Kext Utility or Kext Wizard or your favorite kext installer. Point is you need the vanilla kext, not one patched for "mixed systems."
I ve just replace it with the vanilla kext and the problem still exists :(

AppleIntelSnbGraphicsFB. kext not loaded and SNB Framebuffer ulnoad

I ve just replace it with the vanilla kext and the problem still exists :(

AppleIntelSnbGraphicsFB. kext not loaded and SNB Framebuffer ulnoad

My suggestion: Do a fresh install.

My suggestion: Do a fresh install.

Easy for you to say. long process :(

PS: I had replace the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext with another one. If i replace this kext with vanilla?

On verbose mode i see this:

Code:
com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB class HDCPCtrl is a duplicate;kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelFramebufferCapri already has a class by that name.May 23 02:21:15 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB start failed (result 0xdc00400a).
May 23 02:21:15 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB failed to load (0xdc008017).

Easy for you to say. long process :(

PS: I had replace the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext with another one. If i replace this kext with vanilla?

On verbose mode i see this:

Code:
com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB class HDCPCtrl is a duplicate;kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelFramebufferCapri already has a class by that name.May 23 02:21:15 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB start failed (result 0xdc00400a).
May 23 02:21:15 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB failed to load (0xdc008017).

Your system should not be loading Capri. It appears to me you installed a (patched) Capri for "mixed" systems. As discussed before, your system is not mixed.

Your system should not be loading Capri. It appears to me you installed a (patched) Capri for "mixed" systems. As discussed before, your system is not mixed.
So delete this kext file?

So delete this kext file?

You don't need it in the first place, and you have a patched version installed for another scenario ("mixed" - HD4000 on 6-series), so deleting it may improve things. You will still need the correct (vanilla) AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext installed.

You don't need it in the first place, and you have a patched version installed for another scenario ("mixed" - HD4000 on 6-series), so deleting it may improve things. You will still need the correct (vanilla) AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext installed.
I have replace the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext with the vanilla from 10.9.3

Both Capri and SNB need to be vanilla for your system.
I delete the Capri kext and bak files and the problem was solved. But i need cuda now :p

I delete the Capri kext and bak files and the problem was solved. But i need cuda now :p

Nvidia with OS X does not work in a switched configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back