Contribute
Register

Graphics Go Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way to see EFI>EFI>CLOVER is by mounting EFI Partition first because it is hidden. You got use a tool like CC
for that.

• Compare your CLOVER/drivers 64 and /CLOVER/drivers64UEFI contents (files they contain) side by side with the TRY CFT image I have uploaded.
  • Then add whatever files are lacking in your corresponding folder by downloading and copy and paste method.
  • You should search the Net to find them from RehabMan bucket or other repositories
OR
  • Use CCG's Left Panel TOOLS
    • "Install Drivers" for EFI files
    • kexts Installer for kexts
ok never mind my last post. I figured out I am trying to find the other repositories to install the drivers.

kinda got it . i guess i am slightly lost . do you do this from my MacBook or do I find a way to do it from my hackintosh build?
You can connect the USB Installer to any Hackintosh or Macintosh that works OK .
Did you not check the steps here: #4 ?

You can connect the USB Installer to any Hackintosh or Macintosh that works OK .
Did you not check the steps here: #4 ?

I did actually. just a lot to take in and learn. I'm trying to find the missing drivers now that aren't normally part of clover.

I did actually. just a lot to take in and learn. I'm trying to find the missing drivers now that aren't normally part of clover.
No problem. See images for help with CCG TOOLS

Attachments

• 1.Install Drivers.png
    1.Install Drivers.png
    314.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 2.Kext Installer.png
    2.Kext Installer.png
    291.3 KB · Views: 38

Ok! I had to download some of those .efi's manually from GitHub. Clover boot is now giving me some new "errors" when at the OS select screen ( see photo attached ) . I have included a fresh copy of my clover folder from the USB drive for reference as well.

when i try to run the installer. The apple screen loads to about 90-100% then the screen goes blank an monitor appears like its getting no signal. (so same result)

Attachments

• IMG_1029.jpg
    IMG_1029.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 31
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 27

cmn699 - i was able to get my system to boot with an ATI 5770 without doing anything but plug the card in ( but mojave doesn't support acceleration ) so my intent is to put the 580 SE back in. Is there anything I can do with the system booted with the 5770 video card to help me get the 580 working?

Attachments

• config5770.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 28
Ok! I had to download some of those .efi's manually from GitHub. Clover boot is now giving me some new "errors" when at the OS select screen ( see photo attached ) . I have included a fresh copy of my clover folder from the USB drive for reference as well.

when i try to run the installer. The apple screen loads to about 90-100% then the screen goes blank an monitor appears like its getting no signal. (so same result)

• The posted Verbose boot screen does not give me any specific clue pinpointing any troubleshoot step
  • The uploaded CLOVER folders of kexts and efi files seem to be OK
  • the Config.plist _Graphics has a definitive problem of a FBName: Orinico.
  • I also noted many ACPI fixes with no good reason to use at this time
  • I have edited the config.plist and zipped and uploaded for you to try.
  • You should save your current config.plist renamed (Rt click > Rename) as config.plist-ORIG.
  • Copy and paste the uploaded config.plist-zip after unzipping as config.plist
  • Upload verbose boot screen of problem if any.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 26
@cmn699 in verbose mode the screen goes to black the same way as non-verbose mode. it doesn't freeze in place. trying to get a good photo .

Ok very odd - I was able to get the DisplayPort adapter working but not the DVI or HDMI ( which i originally used )...

this is what i found elsewhere: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...en-on-hdmi-and-dvi.267078/page-5#post-1909382

Any thoughts
  • As stated my post I saw you had used a FrameBuffer Name: Orinoco for your Graphics. Was that required?
  • I thought Graphics RX580 DOES NOT need any editing in config.plist because it is supposed to be Natively Supported in Mojave. All it needs should be the LATEST lilu+WEG kexts .

• If DP is what it can Display properly, choose that.
  • In my AMD Radeon Rx 560 (MSI Make), on a GA Z370P D3 + Intel i5 8600K system, I didn't need anything in config.plist_Devices _Fake ID and config.plist_Graphics for either Intel HD 630 or AMD Radeon Rx560.
  • But in my BIOS I needed to enable CSM to use my AMD Radeon RX 560 but had to DISABLE CSM to use Intel HD 630 which is also NATIVELY supported in that MoBo.
  • I connect my AMD (MSI) Radeon 560 to Monitor's HDMI using HDMI cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back