Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P6T Deluxe V2
CPU
Xeon 5690
Graphics
RX 580
I upgraded to a RX580 Special Edition today since my old AMD 5770 wouldn't work well due to having no graphics acceleration. After swapping the cards the system boots into the apple screen, and then goes blank (Black). Not sure the next step to resolve it. My system specs are in my profile.

update: the screen goes black after the Apple screen loads.

Also: When I try to reinstall from the UniBeast USB drive. The screen goes black completely after the Apple Logo screen loads.

Summary: Cant get any kind of graphics after the Apple Logo completes.

Last edited:
I upgraded to a RX580 Special Edition today since my old AMD 5770 wouldn't work well due to having no graphics acceleration. After swapping the cards the system boots into the apple screen, and then goes blank (Black). Not sure the next step to resolve it. My system specs are in my profile.

update: the screen goes black after the Apple screen loads.

Also: When I try to reinstall from the UniBeast USB drive. The screen goes black completely after the Apple Logo screen loads.

Summary: Cant get any kind of graphics after the Apple Logo completes.
I upgraded to a RX580 Special Edition today since my old AMD 5770 wouldn't work well due to having no graphics acceleration. After swapping the cards the system boots into the apple screen, and then goes blank (Black). Not sure the next step to resolve it.
  • Have you changed anything in your config.plist while using AMD Radeon 5770? If so , you may have to remove them for AMD RX580 to work. AMD RX580 does not need any config.plist editing
  • What brand of Rx580 is this? XFX cards have been having problem in Hackintosh.
  • Is CSM Enabled or Disabled in BIOS?

I don’t have CSM as an option FYI

Attachments

• 8544653A-C1F5-4E6C-9D95-874F6E74C676.jpeg
    8544653A-C1F5-4E6C-9D95-874F6E74C676.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 24
  • Have you changed anything in your config.plist while using AMD Radeon 5770? If so , you may have to remove them for AMD RX580 to work. AMD RX580 does not need any config.plist editing
  • What brand of Rx580 is this? XFX cards have been having problem in Hackintosh.
  • Is CSM Enabled or Disabled in BIOS?

Changed nothing - I'm booting off a the fresh USB drive and attempting to reinstall Mojave fresh. - Still goes to black.

Sapphire nitro + special edition is my card

CSM is not an option on my boot settings.

Changed nothing - I'm booting off a the fresh USB drive and attempting to reinstall Mojave fresh. - Still goes to black.

Sapphire nitro + special edition is my card

CSM is not an option on my boot settings.

If you upload your CLOVER as a zipped file, we can look and see if there is any clue to the problem.
If you need the steps to upload CLOVER check the bulleted steps -> #4

If you upload your CLOVER as a zipped file, we can look and see if there is any clue to the problem.
If you need the steps to upload CLOVER check the bulleted steps -> #4

Heres my clover (this is the bootable USB) that I originally installed everything with)

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 29
Heres my clover (this is the bootable USB) that I originally installed everything with)
  • I checked your CLOVER and found some issues .
  • You may check the edited CLOVER tree from you to Remove items redlined across and. kext to be added in green .
  • Your Drivers 64UEFI and drvers64 folder contents need changes .
  • I have uploaded a screen shot named " Try CFT" for you try making changes in your corresponding folder contents.
  • Hope this helps

Attachments

• Try CFT.png
    Try CFT.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 61
  • CLoverTreeKev1799.png
    CLoverTreeKev1799.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 47
  • I checked your CLOVER and found some issues .
  • You may check the edited CLOVER tree from you to Remove items redlined across and. kext to be added in green .
  • Your Drivers 64UEFI and drvers64 folder contents need changes .
  • I have uploaded a screen shot named " Try CFT" for you try making changes in your corresponding folder contents.
  • Hope this helps

Do you suggest editing this from clover configurator or can I delete the folders directly ?

Also when you say the folder contents need changes what are you referring too ? ( i apologize im learning ) im trying to make the edits to my USB boot drive as you described .

Last edited:
Do you suggest editing this from clover configurator or can I delete the folders directly ?

Also when you say the folder contents need changes what are you referring too ?

The only way to see EFI>EFI>CLOVER is by mounting EFI Partition first because it is hidden. You got to use a tool like CC for that.

Also when you say the folder contents need changes what are you referring too ?
  • Compare your CLOVER/drivers 64 and /CLOVER/drivers64UEFI contents (files they contain) side by side with the TRY CFT image I have uploaded.
  • Then add whatever files are lacking in your corresponding folder by downloading and copy and paste method.
  • You should search the Net to find them from RehabMan bucket or other repositories
OR
  • Use CCG's Left Panel TOOLS
    • "Install Drivers" for EFI files
    • kexts Installer for kexts

Last edited:
The only way to see EFI>EFI>CLOVER is by mounting EFI Partition first because it is hidden. You got use a tool like CC
for that.

• Compare your CLOVER/drivers 64 and /CLOVER/drivers64UEFI contents (files they contain) side by side with the TRY CFT image I have uploaded.
  • Then add whatever files are lacking in your corresponding folder by downloading and copy and paste method.
  • You should search the Net to find them from RehabMan bucket or other repositories
OR
  • Use CCG's Left Panel TOOLS
    • "Install Drivers" for EFI files
    • kexts Installer for kexts

kinda got it . i guess i am slightly lost . do you do this from my MacBook or do I find a way to do it from my hackintosh build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back