Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I want to upgrade my 580 but nothing seems to be available. What are people getting these days?

I want to upgrade my 580 but nothing seems to be available. What are people getting these days?
The RX 5700XT is what most people want but can't possibly get without taking out a second mortgage on their home. This card is #4 on the list of the best Crypto mining cards available. Could be a very long time before you can buy one. If the cypto bubble breaks, they may suddenly become very cheap. Right now most of them are running 24/7 mining Ethereum. Makes things difficult for hackintoshers and gamers to get most any recent AMD card for personal use.

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 5.18.23 PM.png

Amazon has one Asrock 5700 XT that a third party seller is asking $1400 for. Way too much money.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X48NZGC/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Hi there.

Nothing, unless they are prepared to pay silly money. Crypto Miners buy everything using clever software to snap up stock as soon as it appears.

A lot of regular builders now are either buying older, more basic GPUs, like the GT710 series NVidia which is native, or using iGPUs. There are still quite powerful GPUs that are compatible but finding one that hasn't been eyed by the greedy is getting harder.

I want to upgrade my 580
There really are no good upgrades to a 580 right now. Just hold on to it until the Crypto prices fall dramatically and then everyone will be a seller rather than a buyer. I've see some RX 580 8GB cards selling for over $1000 lately. It's a pretty good mining card in it's own right.

No one knows when it will happen so you can only wait it out.

Last edited:
Yup. Definitely wait it out. Those miners will get burnt like it happened few years ago when Bitcoin bubble bursted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back