Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi

I would like to update my system to mojave, as it is the newest version that supports Apple Aperture, and I don't want to loose my Photo library, with more than 50.000 images classified with tags…

Feartech has told my that my graphics card is not compatible with Mojave.

Is there a workaround? If not, can you recommend me a graphics card that would work, and that is not very expensive…

Cheers
Klaus

Hi

I would like to update my system to mojave, as it is the newest version that supports Apple Aperture, and I don't want to loose my Photo library, with more than 50.000 images classified with tags…

Feartech has told my that my graphics card is not compatible with Mojave.

Is there a workaround? If not, can you recommend me a graphics card that would work, and that is not very expensive…

Cheers
Klaus

... And don't forget there is a utility which will enable Aperture to run on later, 64bit-only macOS versions too:

https://github.com/cormiertyshawn895/Retroactive

I have used it and it works well. Only a couple of less-used functions are missing once patched.

:)

Thank's Feartech. I think an RX 580 will do it. 110 euros.
Thank's UtterDisbelief: Good to hear that it works. For the time being, with Mojave I will be ok. With Sierra there are increasingly problems, as Dropbox and some other programs that stopped working, and probs with Safari at quite a number of sites.

Back