Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hi ,
after try Mojave for a long time im getting tired of continuously hanging system a freezes.

I think the main reason is about my GPU RX 580, I decide to do a downgrade of my system a use a Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti with high Sierra.
but after that, I try some curiosity and here is my results:

i connect both GPU. (Nvidia + amd ) at same time connecting and disconnecting power plug to RX 580 and I notice for a while the system works for some reason more stable even in windows 10 and MacOS Mojave.

so, those results are not intended to be a general rule, just I'll post here to share and look some truth and knowledge.

Attachments

• datos obtenidos.png
    datos obtenidos.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
hi ,
after try Mojave for a long time im getting tired of continuously hanging system a freezes.

I think the main reason is about my GPU RX 580, I decide to do a downgrade of my system a use a Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti with high Sierra.
but after that, I try some curiosity and here is my results:

i connect both GPU. (Nvidia + amd ) at same time connecting and disconnecting power plug to RX 580 and I notice for a while the system works for some reason more stable even in windows 10 and MacOS Mojave.

so, those results are not intended to be a general rule, just I'll post here to share and look some truth and knowledge.

View attachment 415099
View attachment 415100View attachment 415101

Looks interesting :thumbup:

Please translate the table to English if you can, or the post might be removed. This will help a lot more people.

Thank you:thumbup:

Thank you :thumbup:

If I understand correctly - macOS Mojave boots more reliably through the RX580 even with the Nvidia card powered-up, whereas Windows will not.

I wonder if this is because of how resources for video memory are allocated. Maybe because macOS has built-in AMD drivers these get preference, but Windows needs external drivers for both GPUs and they are fighting for the same address space.

Having said that, the Nvidia web-drivers cannot be installed in Mojave so macOS is seeing the address-space as occupied but doesn't know what to do with it - System Report screengrabs.

:)

exactly, Nvidia web drivers don't works in Mojave, but system boot up in some cases.
the key was I try it because im planing to downgrade because amd GPUs is getting a lot of issues. so, amd GPU is intended to be used just for game in windows but without having to take it off from the board.

now after I adjust Nvidia to the board im noticing amd GPUs is working more stable in macOS, so , im using and testing , then tomorrow ill in windows to see if amd GPUs still performing better with Nvidia card connected To the board.

it was to good to be true.
GPU AMD begin to get me troubles with the computer, again. some times I think its due to SSD Samsun 250 EVO conflicts . but not sure about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back