i5-6400
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX570 4GB ITX
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Having looked through many threads and pawed the internet for many hours for answers, I think I'm nearly there but would like to ask for some guidance. i've just managed to get Mojave 10.14.6 working on my system having removed my NVidia GPU, currently running on iGPU. The NVidia card never worked properly with High Sierra so it's going on ebay shortly.

Because of the NVidia experience i want to choose my GPU carefully and hence the ask for advice from those with experience. My system is Mini-ITX in a small case (270mm long) so Im restricted on the size of card i can use. Looking at the list of compatible cards lots of them are currently unavailable. The one I'm considering at present is the SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 570 PULSE ITX 4 GB (134mm long) so would be a great fit for the system. I'm not a power user so this could be a contender.

The other one which is specifically called out on the Apple supported list is the Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8G GDDR5 (230mm long). it would be a real squeeze but a potential.

Can i ask the community for some confirmation on these questions please:
Is the SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 570 PULSE ITX 4 GB, metal compatible?
Should it potentially work out of the box (i know, no guarantees)?
Are there better options I should be considering?

Thanks

SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 570 DirectX 12 100412P4GITXL 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 will definitely work. I have one installed in a Raven RVZ02 case. Works with Mojave and Catalina. I do not know if it would work with earlier versions of Mac OS.
This card was specifically designed for ITX builds. Bought it from Amazon.com.

Brilliant. A perfect reply, thanks ever so much. I’ll go a head and press the button on that and get my old one on eBay.

Update. Card installed, BIOS changed to PCIe slot for graphics, up and running no changes required. Works like a dream.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back