Contribute
Register

Google Chromebook Pixel LS SAMUS (2015) C1501W

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used Rehabman's latest clover release (Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963.ca6cca7c). With UEFI booting and all the other settings that I have on my screenshot.

Installed the HFSPlus.efi on CLOVER/drivers/UEFI

My EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other are:
  1. FakeSMC.kext
  2. GenericUSBXHCI.kext
  3. Lilu.kext
  4. VoodooPS2Controller.kext
  5. WhateverGreen.kext
Changed the config.plist as mentioned on the guide, to a similar one matching my hardware (I have an i7 5500U and iGPU Intel HD 5500 so I chose this one)

Clover was able to boot on my laptop, but still I did not had the option to boot a installation image. I will make another (a secodn usb) in order to use the first USB as a clover mounting point to begin the installation.
you need to use an updated version of clover

exactly what do you mean by:
but still I did not had the option to boot a installation image ?

you need to use an updated version of clover

exactly what do you mean by:
but still I did not had the option to boot a installation image ?

When booting into clover, there is no "Install Mac OS Catalina" like there used to.

I noticed that the clover version is outdated but I thought since it is recommended on the guide it must be working. On my desktop I'm using a version 5118 if I'm not mistaken.

Will report back. I'll try to do a direct update on clover on my existing USB to save some time from making a completely new USB

IMG_20200610_131918.jpg

Some progress is made after upgrading directly clover.

I get to this screen on boot. The graphics stay like this.

Trackpad is still not working. I guess I have to include VoodooI2C on my kext folder to fix this

View attachment 475234

Some progress is made after upgrading directly clover.

I get to this screen on boot. The graphics stay like this.

Trackpad is still not working. I guess I have to include VoodooI2C on my kext folder to fix this
you will need to setup VoodooI2C after you have installed macOS, use a usb mouse for the time being

you will need to setup VoodooI2C after you have installed macOS, use a usb mouse for the time being
Can't. If you take a look at the picture attached, the screen shows some corrupted graphics. So, there is no way to proceed with the installation. Should I tamper with my config.plist?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 86
Can't. If you take a look at the picture attached, the screen shows some corrupted graphics. So, there is no way to proceed with the installation. Should I tamper with my config.plist?
you could try an invalid platform-id to see if you can get the screen working

you could try an invalid platform-id to see if you can get the screen working
Changing AAPL,ig-platform-id value from 0x16260006

would IOGraphicsFamily.kext help me?

UPDATE: tried IOGraphicsFamily doesnt make any difference

Last edited:
Ok so this is the EFI that made it!
I was able to install the operating system using this.

No WiFi, touchpad (VoodooI2C is not installed yet) or proper graphics for the time being.
But at least it boots.
well done!

well done!
The Intel HD5500 has only 4MB of VRAM (I'll try different platform ID)

Thank you! I am in the process of editing my DSDT in order to properly install VoodooI2C like you suggested.

I am having an error on MaciASL:
Screenshot 2020-06-10 at 9.15.26 PM.png

However, the trackpad option is available on the settings menu there is no response from the trackpad itself.
When I touch the screen however the thing crashes (makes a reboot) which looks pretty funny.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back