Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
  3. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Greetings everyone.

I purchased a Google Pixel for real cheap recently.
I was wondering if it's possible to load OSX on it.

Is there a possible way to boot clover in order to USB Install the OSX?

The specs are following:
Intel i7-5500U CPU
Intel 5500HD Graphics
16GB DDR3 RAM

Regards.

Last edited:
IMG_20200604_133408.jpg

This is the only thing that I was able to do with my Catalina USB. The same USB worked fine for installing Catalina on my Desktop.

I also tried booting with -x -v -s arguments but it didn't do much good

Search for 'prohibitory symbol' or 'still waiting for root device'.

View attachment 473700

This is the only thing that I was able to do with my Catalina USB. The same USB worked fine for installing Catalina on my Desktop.

I also tried booting with -x -v -s arguments but it didn't do much good
have a search for "still waiting for root device"

have a search for "still waiting for root device"
Search for 'prohibitory symbol' or 'still waiting for root device'.
I tried using USBBusFix=Yes as an argument on my boot, along with dart=0 -disablegfxfirmware -v.

could the SMBIOS specs affect the installation?

I tried using USBBusFix=Yes as an argument on my boot, along with dart=0 -disablegfxfirmware -v.

could the SMBIOS specs affect the installation?
make sure to use a usb2.0 stick, try all your usb ports, make sure USBInjectAll.kext is in clover/kexts/other

make sure to use a usb2.0 stick, try all your usb ports, make sure USBInjectAll.kext is in clover/kexts/other
IMG_20200604_155011.jpg

Changed the order of the boot arguments and got stuck here.
Also blocked USBInjectAll.kext
I will try another USB port as suggested

Last edited:
Search for 1683.

from this thread
Use the forum Search tool perhaps ?
This problem has been dealt with many times over the last few days.

You just need to put SSDT-EC.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

It worked!

SMBIOS apparently had nothing to do with it (just an idea I had).
The keyboard (backlight works) and touchpad does not work (that's bad right?) but I guess I'll be able to find some drivers (also for the Wi-Fi etc).

I just erased the drive to initiate the installation. It is going great so far. ETA 9 minutes for the installation to finish!

Hey everyone, I had some progress made with the laptop but my post is under review at the moment (maybe because it contains too many links?)

• The touchpad is not working, even if the keyboard is functional with VoodooPS2Controller.kext
  • The WiFi drivers for the Intel 7260 can be easily found here on the forum (not posting a link, to increase the chance of my post to appear here). They work, but the WiFi icon on the taskbar is not visible.
  • Battery and battery consumption is not shown anywhere on the laptop, might need some work to make this work. I was amazed that the laptop didn't just turn off when I disconnected the power cord. ACPIBatteryManager.kext shows promise but I was not able to test fully yet. The percentage of the battery is visible on the taskbar.
  • The graphics are really (like really) laggy. I might be missing a kext. I tried what @RehabMan described in his guide but maybe I missed something. When I used his own config.plist file the result was not good. The screen looked like something out of legos (half the screen was black like it was broken). So HD5500 might look less choppy.
  • Speakers do not work (they are not detected)

Also, the laptop is pretty hot (temperature wise) and that concerns me. I don't want to convert this beautiful laptop into a paper weight.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot 2020-06-05 at 7.08.19 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-05 at 7.08.19 PM.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back