Contribute
Register

Good news for x99 10.11 [Haswell E - El Capitan]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just replaced my EFI folder with the one you provided, so the boot flags would be the same that you used right?

I'm going to do a re-install on usb and see if that makes a difference.

Try the install with the flags from this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/s...ntel-core-i7-5820k-evga-gtx980-sc-4gb.152915/

Then swap out the efi folder with the ones I provided once installed but remember to generate your own smbios and use 5,1 or 14,2 (iMac), or you can use 6,1 but you have to do the workaround for the black screen on boot error.

Last edited:
Thanks mate, I'll give it a go and report back. Won't swapping out the EFI folder you provided, change the boot flags (as they are already set in the config.plist)?

Thanks mate, I'll give it a go and report back. Won't swapping out the EFI folder you provided, change the boot flags (as they are already set in the config.plist)?

Yes, but once you are installed you will want to remove all the safe mode flags you used for install like -x and -cpus anyway. Goal number one should be to install. Then you can tweak.

One more idea, make sure to use one of the USB ports on I/O back ports of your motherboard between the ESATA connector and the PS2 keyboard connector for the install. Also, try using these BIOS settings care of Tony:

STEP 3: Recommended BIOS Settings

If you're installing on a recommended CustoMac desktop with AMI UEFI BIOS, the options are simple. For other systems make sure to set your BIOS to Optimized Defaults, and your hard drive to AHCI mode. Here are standard AMI UEFI BIOS settings for Gigabyte AMI UEFI BIOS, Gigabyte AWARD BIOS, ASUS AMI UEFI BIOS, and MSI AMI UEFI BIOS.

1. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
2. Load Optimized Defaults
3. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
4. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it
5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
6. Set OS Type to Other OS
7. If your system has IO SerialPort, disable it
8. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled
9. If you have a 6 series or x58 system with AWARD BIOS, disable USB 3.0
10. Save and exit.

5820k 32bit top score

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 9.57.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 9.57.45 PM.png
    259.7 KB · Views: 253
@bolemo Thanks für your support! With your configs and files i have tried to get my already exisiting El Capitan System Drive on a latest state of functionality, for some reasons i don't know, El Cap won't boot anymore -but i think it relies on the new 'SSDT-CPUPM_124_5_MPRO6_1_AICPUPM.aml file- or, may be i did something wrong...

... so i decided to set up a whole new freshy El Capitan system drive.... without any modifications of your .aml files.

It works great!

p.s. i have to trigger out the reasons why the system behave like this...

@bolemo Thanks für your support! With your configs and files i have tried to get my already exisiting El Capitan System Drive on a latest state of functionality, for some reasons i don't know, El Cap won't boot anymore -but i think it relies on the new 'SSDT-CPUPM_124_5_MPRO6_1_AICPUPM.aml file- or, may be i did something wrong...

... so i decided to set up a whole new freshy El Capitan system drive.... without any modifications of your .aml files.

It works great!

p.s. i have to trigger out the reasons why the system behave like this...
You are welcome ;-)

I don't know why your system is doing that, but I suspect a kext in SLE or LE since it is in early stages of boot. Compare what you have in there (SLE and LE) between the two setups.

Also, here is a SSDT that has a better sleep/wake ; all the rest is identical to the previous one.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    211.1 KB · Views: 186
I have X99 Gaming G1 wifi.I like this board because auto overclock support.You can see back panel OC Button.
I upgrade cpu 5960X.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 9.31.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 9.31.31 AM.png
    367.7 KB · Views: 235
  • Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 9.08.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 9.08.22 AM.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 258
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back