Contribute
Register

Good news for x99 10.11 [Haswell E - El Capitan]

Status
Not open for further replies.
BallsMcNadFrop did you use the UEFI or Legacy option in Unibeast.

Used 6.2.0, don't think there is a newer version. Also, my BIOS is the latest 3.30, do you think that could be an issue?

Crackland, ever get it working?

Hey Nmano,

How do i apply or create a proper DSDT or SSDT for all my USB 3.0 ports in MSI X99S motherboard? I am going over all these files. I have managed to make SSDT for 2 980 GTXs and even Realtek Audio 892 works great.

I can tell you have a Gigabyte motherboard, but any clues on what should be done with MSI x99s.

Thanks

Last edited:
Crackland, ever get it working?

Hey mate, unfortunately not. Not sure where I'm going wrong. Kinda thinking its not worth the time to figure out, disappointing really.

Maybe if you could break down step by step what your procedure was, I may give it another shot, however it so time consuming that unfortunately I just need to get on with my composing. Love mac, but looks like windows is something I'll have to adapt to.

But if not, thanks for your help and persistence mate, really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Hey mate, unfortunately not. Not sure where I'm going wrong. Kinda thinking its not worth the time to figure out, disappointing really.

Maybe if you could break down step by step what your procedure was, I may give it another shot, however it so time consuming that unfortunately I just need to get on with my composing. Love mac, but looks like windows is something I'll have to adapt to.

But if not, thanks for your help and persistence mate, really appreciate it.
Hey Cackland,

Sorry to hear it still won't work. I haven't been able to do the El Cap ASRock X99M install, either.

I saw today that GoingBald (who has similar equipment to you) posted about getting his build to work. You may be sick of trying, but if you're interested in giving it another go, here's his thread: http://tonymacx86.com/threads/success-asrock-fatal1ty-x99m-killer-5930k.194607/

I haven't tried his methods myself, but if you want to give it another go. Maybe it'll work for you.

Hey Steveastian,

Thanks for the notice. I'll read up on this.

I couldn't get it to work on Yosemite either, when following your success thread. No idea why.

Hey guys, I created a post on the El Cap support section asking for these clarifications, but figured I'd ask some of my questions here as well. I currently use the machine on my sig as a Win7 music production workstation. I'd like to try out some Mac apps, so I figured I would do a dualboot using El Cap 10.11.5. For now, I'm testing on a spare drive before setting things up on my SSD. Because it's a Windows DAW, my system has all C-states and speed step as well as turbo disabled from UEFI. I have an overclocked profile, but I'm using the normal stock speeds for now to test.

I'd like to know what the benefits of using the fake CPU for the 5820K are, and if it's more sable to do that as oppose to running as is? I mainly care for the CPU to give me full power. Also, if I use the fake ID, is haswell-e kernel patch still required (I'm assuming not since it's reverting to Ivy-E, but just want to be sure).

Finally, will I require SSDT or DSDT for the CPU? I've seen a few clover configs that have some dropped.

My Z97 hack is running perfectly fine, so I can make changes to my clover stick if need be.

Thanks for any info you guys can provide!

Hey Steveastian,

Thanks for the notice. I'll read up on this.

I couldn't get it to work on Yosemite either, when following your success thread. No idea why.

I wish I could post my exact steps but I didn't really document them line by line when trying to get it all working, I just dealt with each individual problem as it came. Where exactly are you getting stuck now? Did you get it to install?

My geekbench score seems off. S-Cs=3426 M-Cs=20852
asus x99 sabertooth
i7-5820K
32Gb 2666MHz
GTX 680

what do i need to change ?

Attachments

• CLOVER tarbax.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 126
hi there ı wanna ask something ı installed el capitan 10.11 tomy pc with 5820k gtx780ti gigabyte UD4 ..it works but there is something wrong . it is something like pc is computing everytime and the display is turning to black for an instant and come back. I installed NVidia drivers and it is working too. is it about my cpu ? and should ı try your guide to fix this

May I ask if anyone had 5960X working so far? Haven't tried yet, but was reading there were problems once with it for some strange reason?

I have a 5960X and GA-UD4 and I'm unable to boot, cannot find any proper procedure. Losing faith....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back