Contribute
Register

Good news for x99 10.11 [Haswell E - El Capitan]

Status
Not open for further replies.
BallsMcNadFrop - so I replaced my EFI with your (USB-EFI). The screen went into verbose mode, printed a whole lot of text then the display lost signal.

Tried again with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, then it just resets back to the 'Reboot and select proper Boot device' screen.

If you could guide me step by step, perhaps that may help. There must be something I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:
cackland: "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" is NOT a valid Clover boot flag and does nothing for you. Use boot flag nv_disable (remove nvda_drv=1) from the config.plist file to do the installation. After the installation, install Nvidia web drivers...

Also looking at the EFI folder that was uploaded for you see drives64UEFI folder:
Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 9.02.57 PM.png

This won't work, you can't use HFSPlus.efi and VBoxHfs-64 at the same time. You also can't use OsxAptioFix2-64.efi and OxsAptioFix-64.efi at the same time. Delete VBoxHfs-64.efi, OxsAptioFix-64.efi, and NvmExpressDxe-64.efi and then try the install again. Additionally smbios MacPro6,1 won't work for you during the install. MacPro5,1 - iMac14,2 will work or you can eliminate the whole smbios section of the config.plist and let Clover assign it.

Last edited:
cackland: "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" is NOT a valid Clover boot flag and does nothing for you. Use boot flag nv_disable (remove nvda_drv=1) from the config.plist file to do the installation. After the installation, install Nvidia web drivers...

Also looking at the EFI folder that was uploaded for you see drives64UEFI folder:
View attachment 197870

This won't work, you can't use HFSPlus.efi and VBoxHfs-64 at the same time. You also can't use OsxAptioFix2-64.efi and OxsAptioFix-64.efi at the same time. Delete VBoxHfs-64.efi, OxsAptioFix-64.efi, and NvmExpressDxe-64.efi and then try the install again.

Actually, you are mistaken about not being able to use both Aptio 1 and 2 at the same time. My system boots fine w/ both in the folder. Also you can use both VBOX and HFSPlus - the system just won't load them both, so its non-fatal.

Also, it was already suggested that NVME express be deleted unless he was using an M2 NVME drive.

I think the actual problem is SMBIOS 6,1 related and the black screen on boot issue.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/b...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/

Last edited:
Actually, you are mistaken about not being able to us both Aptio 1 and 2 at the same time. My system boots fine w/ both in the folder. Also you can use both VBOX and HFSPlus - the system just won't load them both, so its non-fatal.

Also, it was already suggested that NVME express be deleted unless he was using an M2 NVME drive.
No I'm not mistaken... Reference Clover Wiki or the 1000's of post regarding the topic on this site.

No I'm not mistaken... Reference Clover Wiki or the 1000's of post regarding the topic on this site.

Then how is my system booting? Try it yourself before making an assumption. Also, you don't have the same board or system, could it be possible that things might be different on a different motherboard?

Then how is my system booting? Try it yourself before making an assumption. Also, you don't have the same board or system, could it be possible that things might be different on a different motherboard?
No it's not possible... I'm not going to argue with you, do whatever you please.

No it's not possible... I'm not going to argue with you, do whatever you please.

I'm not arguing, I posted my EFI folders, thats what I'm running. It boots. A constructive response might be inquiring why it works, of which I have no idea, :crazy:

Again, before it gets buried, I think the problem is SMBIOS 6,1 black screen on boot related.

It was a constructive response, just trying to get cackland to not make the mistakes you have. I can probably come up with 10 or 15 efi drivers to through in that folder that do nothing, are not needed or used, and the box will still boot. Doesn't make it right. People that won't read, research, and learn will always be out there so enjoy the box.

Last edited:
This is the message that happened just before the screen lost signal. Ill try it with the difference and report back to you guys.

I really appreciate both of your responses guys, this is brand new territory for me so whatever you guys recommend. I will give it a go.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 12.26.18 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 12.26.18 pm.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 161
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back