<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x3</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
</dict>

Good news for x99 10.11

Oops, forgot about that. For 6,1 the default graphics port isn't configured right so you display will turn off put your system is still running fine. Here is the fix:

1) Boot with nv_disable=1
2) Use a kext installer like kextbeast to install the modified kext attached
3) Remove nv_disable=1
4) Reboot

Unfortunately you have to do this every time there is an OSX update. I don't think anyone has figured out how to do a permanent kext injection in Clover. This also means placing the kext below in the Clover kext folder will not work.

Will this kext work with Yosemite? I have two systems with an ASUS X99-A, 5960X + GTX750, and also 5820K + 980ti SC. Currently using the MP 3,1 definition due to the black screen issue..

Sorry for mentioning Yosemite in an El Capitan thread!

Good news for x99 10.11

Will this kext work with Yosemite? I have two systems with an ASUS X99-A, 5960X + GTX750, and also 5820K + 980ti SC. Currently using the MP 3,1 definition due to the black screen issue..

Sorry for mentioning Yosemite in an El Capitan thread!

Yes, same kext and procedure for Yosemite. This all started somewhere back in 10.10.3 I think.

Good news for x99 10.11

Yes, same kext and procedure for Yosemite. This all started somewhere back in 10.10.3 I think.

Great thanks for the reply! I will try soon and report my findings.

Good news for x99 10.11

Problem El Capitan unibeast
the folder kernels disappeared after UniBeast.
I tried downloading several times el capitan 10.11.1 from app store. and I have the same problem. so I can not make a patch x x99 mainboard.

I can copy the folder kernels from a mac original and insert it into the usb UniBeast?

Good news for x99 10.11

I'm running a 5960x build on a Asus x99E-WS under Clover. Working great with a 4.6 GHz overclock, but no PM, which would be kind of nice.

I noticed that there is a eight core MacPro 6,1 with a Xeon e5-1680v2 processor:
http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...n-e5-gray-black-cylinder-late-2013-specs.html

Anyone know what the CPU ID of the xeon 1680 is in that MacPro? Was thinking it might be worth injecting the FakeCPUID of the Xeon to see if power management can be loaded

Good news for x99 10.11

0x0306E4 will probably work.

Good news for x99 10.11

I'm running a 5960x build on a Asus x99E-WS under Clover. Working great with a 4.6 GHz overclock, but no PM, which would be kind of nice.

I noticed that there is a eight core MacPro 6,1 with a Xeon e5-1680v2 processor:
http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...n-e5-gray-black-cylinder-late-2013-specs.html

Anyone know what the CPU ID of the xeon 1680 is in that MacPro? Was thinking it might be worth injecting the FakeCPUID of the Xeon to see if power management can be loaded

You got 5960x working in El Capitan? How?

Good news for x99 10.11

Sorry, didn't mean to give that impression!

I'm on Yosemite. Just curious if injecting the 1680v2 FakeCPUID would do anything for PM in my 5960x build. It did not, BTW (injecting 0x0306E4)

Good news for x99 10.11

I was able to install 10.11 on a spare drive, but every time I want to boot up I have to have the install drive plugged into a USB port. Even at that it still won't boot with my custom config.plist, would someone please explain to me what I'm doing wrong. This is my first experience with Clover and I'm still kinda scratching my head on how it works, especially the EFI partition. (If I should submit this on a different page please let me know!)

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back