Contribute
Register

Gigabyte z77-ds3h Yosemite boot issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I have the same board and after upgrading I run into many problems with USB and Audio. I rolled back and now I am about to try again. Could you please post what options you have for multibeast?

Thanks!

Same board here too & i7 2600k & Nvidia 660ti.

After install (before Multibeast) Ethernet works fine, USB 3.0 doesn't work.
After Multibeast I'm getting a KP during startup. Not sure what was causing it so just opened multibeast selected nothing than what was selected by default and and still getting a KP.

Could you guys who have it working provide your multibeast options please, that would be great.

Thanks
Haynzee

Second attempt.

Updated chimera to 4.0
Upgraded to Yosemite using UinBeast went fine (~20 min)
Booted directly to Yosemite (not trough Unibeast)

No audio again!!! Even with multibeast 7.0 RT.

I'm going to try the upgrade. I have the same board but with a 3770K and dongles for wifi and BT that work OTB. I also have an external USB soundcard so I don't need the sound drivers, they can wait if needed.

I've already upgraded chimera to 4.0 (I think, there's no visible evidence except build date on the boot list) but I run it on a separate drive anyway as I have W8P on here as well.

I'll get back to you in a bit with progress - I only have 3mbit so DLing 5GB is a bit of a pain.

Which Ethernet driver are you guys using. For some reason Ethernet works fine for me until I use multibeast even though I select no Ethernet driver to install.

What options did you use for Multibeast? :)

About to upgrade mine :-D.

I first just selected what i needed but found out that you will have to select dsdt free and uptick what you don't need or use

this is how i did mine as i have the Z77-DS3H rev 1.1

Create Unibeast Flash Drive for Yosemite.
did time machine before i upgraded!
then booted into the installer installed straight over Mavericks ones install done i rebooted.
then i booted into Yosemite from SSD drive. make sure to delete old boot loader files then i opened up multibeast for Yosemite.
Settings i used! hope this help you guys :thumbup:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 19.58.10.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-17 at 19.58.10.png
    146.8 KB · Views: 1,974
this is how i did mine as i have the Z77-DS3H rev 1.1

Create Unibeast Flash Drive for Yosemite.
did time machine before i upgraded!
then booted into the installer installed straight over Mavericks ones install done i rebooted.
then i booted into Yosemite from SSD drive. make sure to delete old boot loader files then i opened up multibeast for Yosemite.
Settings i used! hope this help you guys :thumbup:

Thanks! Got Ethernet working now. Have you managed to get USB 3.0 ports to work?

actually my USB 3 is showing up in System Report under USB it recognises my iPhone fine :thumbup:

actually my USB 3 is showing up in System Report under USB it recognises my iPhone fine :thumbup:

Just checked my system report and yeh USB 3 is showing. So tried the rear ports and they work fine, for some reason my front USB 3 has stopped working. As long as the rear ones work though I'm happy! Thanks for your help jbamford. Now I wonder if I can get iMessage working, its just hanging when logging in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back