Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

F27 destroyed sleep on my z690 Aero G. No matter what I tried, it just would not work. I went back to F26, and sleep was still broken even though I had a virtually perfect running Mac before. After all sorts of playing with settings, I now have sleep working perfectly again. I think I just needed to reset NRAM. F27 seems to be an issue.

So, you mean sleep is working with f26 ?
did you use the settings from the first page ?

I also tried f27 on z690 gaming x without success. The same problem with the second Sleep (broken). Returned back to f8. Did you have a success with f26 ?
It works perfectly, no problems so far.

It works perfectly, no problems so far.
You are on BIOS F26? If so can you post you EFI without the serial number so I can look at it?

Hi @CaseySJ and @Stork after over a month of full time use on my Hack, these are my findings thus far with waking from sleep issues with my i9-13900KF, 13.5.1:

:beachball: After wake from deep sleep, MX Master 2S mouse becomes jittery.

SOLUTION: connect it by internal Bluetooth, not dongle. This requires going through the write up Casey made for Intel internal Bluetooth for the Z790. It works much better than the dongle!

:beachball: After four wakes from deep sleep, not 3, not 2 but 4, clicking in Outlook and web browsers on the secondary monitor causes the monitor to lose connection and flicker black for a few times then come back. Each additional mouse click causes this to restart the cycle. Quitting apps don't help. Logging out, back in doesn't help. Downgrading LILU, WEG doesn't help.

SOLUTION: Settings, Display, click on secondary monitor and select refresh rate as 60hz, not variable hz.

:beachball: After 3 to 4 wakes from deep sleep, Bluetooth looses connectivity (mouse and keyboard)

SOLUTION: plug in via USB, go to Settings, Bluetooth, toggle off (NOTE: make sure Control Center has Bluetooth showing in menu Bar). Once Bluetooth is toggled off in Settings, you cannot toggle it on. However, in the Menu Bar, you can. Toggle it on. Bluetooth is restored.

:)
Hi @CaseySJ & @Stork, I know, still haven't made the video or post on my latest hack. However, I use this computer constantly and have fixed some of the final errors I've run into which have to do with SLEEP and WAKE.

1. I remapped my USB ports and excluded the motherboard LEDs and sleep is going much better!
2. My remaining problem: waking the FOURTH time from deep sleep results in a reboot. As soon as the screen comes up and I type my password, computer reboots. I've tested it so I do not type anything and just wait, the computer reboots on it's own. It's not second wake, not third, always the fourth.

And deep sleeps are over night. So by Thursday, my computer reboots. I never shut it down or restart it normally and use it full time for work.

Attached EFI for kicks. I'm wondering if it is some sort of power management gone wrong. I've worked in BIOS a ton to get it stable with voltage etc. and it will not freeze or reboot on any benchmark or video tests which I run with tons of apps open.

And my workload is such to where when it wakes, it's using about 60 GB of RAM. I keep tons of things open all the time.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.2 MB · Views: 32
You are on BIOS F26? If so can you post you EFI without the serial number so I can look at it?
hello.
I send you my EFI. If you have any suggestions to improve it, let me know. And if you know how to configure it so that Thunderbolt ports work, let me know.
Hope this can help you.
greetings.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    30.9 MB · Views: 38
This is my EFI, all works fine on Z690 vision G DDR5 using OC 0.8.3 and Monterey 12.6.9

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    41.8 MB · Views: 30
This is my EFI, all works fine on Z690 vision G DDR5 using OC 0.8.3 and Monterey 12.6.9
This thread is for the DDR4 version. Bit off topic.

hello.
I send you my EFI. If you have any suggestions to improve it, let me know. And if you know how to configure it so that Thunderbolt ports work, let me know.
Hope this can help you.
greetings.
You're running a 13th Gen CPU. So yeah - 12th Gen CPU users best to not go past BIOS F8.

Back