Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I have a question. I'm noticed these kexts in my EFI folder. ARe all of them needed?

I have CPUFriend.kext, CUPFriendDataProvider-iMac-20-2.kext, CPUFriendDataProvider-iMacPro-1-1.kext, and CPUFriendDataProvder.kext.

Last edited:
I have a question. I'm noticed these kexts in my EFI folder. ARe all of them needed?

I have CPUFriend.kext, CUPFriendDataProvider-iMac-20-2.kext, CPUFriendDataProvider-iMacPro-1-1.kext, and CPUFriendDataProvder.kext.
You need CPUFriend and only one DataProvider kext depending on your SMBIOS.

I'm using MacPro 7,1 without a specific data provider. Wouldn't the iMacPro profiles be part of the generic CPUFriendDataProvder.kext?

So the last working BIOS for us with a 12th gen CPU is F8.
I'm on F26 since mid September.
After updating my mobo, all worked fine. Then five or six days afterwards, I reported a series of stop after waking-up from sleep. This lasted about four days. Then, after this period of time, all worked fine; from 20 days absolutely no problem. My workstation is very stable and no problem for sleep-wakeup.
I haven't reported any crash or freeze or anything similar.

I also solved the problem where my USB connected generated a series of not correcting disconnected unit error messages (that means up to 100-150 error messages).

I'm on F26 since mid September.
After updating my mobo, all worked fine. Then five or six days afterwards, I reported a series of stop after waking-up from sleep. This lasted about four days. Then, after this period of time, all worked fine; from 20 days absolutely no problem. My workstation is very stable and no problem for sleep-wakeup.
I haven't reported any crash or freeze or anything similar.

I also solved the problem where my USB connected generated a series of not correcting disconnected unit error messages (that means up to 100-150 error messages).
DDR4 version mobo? Raptor or Alder Lake CPU?

Hello, I have updated the bios to F27 on z690 aero G and I can't get it to work, someone has tried it. I have returned to the F 26 version.
Is it worth installing the update and what is its configuration.

Hello, I have updated the bios to F27 on z690 aero G and I can't get it to work, someone has tried it. I have returned to the F 26 version.
Is it worth installing the update and what is its configuration.

I also tried f27 on z690 gaming x without success. The same problem with the second Sleep (broken). Returned back to f8. Did you have a success with f26 ?

Back